A Year with Mr. Arrogant 6

Start from the beginning

Her eyes went wide, "Wait, your dad didn't tell you that were only together for a year?"

I shook my head, did my dad not tell me something that he had told her? Obviously. Awesome, time to confront my dad about this.

"So its only temporary?" I rhetorically mumbled under my breathe.

"What?" she asked, dropping her arms to her sides.

"Nothing," I replied, quickly finishing up, ready to take a shower, " I'm taking a shower, you can leave if you want but I have no problem if you joined me."

She gave me a startled look, and rushed out of the bathroom, leaving me to laugh it off.

~

I walk into where I use to live. My home. Housekeepers come and go, bowing as I pass. Long hallways went down like streets and intersections. Paintings were hung here and there along with plants. Sometimes, I thought it'd be better to have a smaller mansion, but not when you have a bowling room, theatre, and other entertainment rooms.

I made my way into the elevator, yes, since this house was so big, we needed elevators. That way no one would have to walk as far. We had three floors and the top floor had my dads home office, moms design studio, Jadine's personal what-ever-she-does-in-there room, my little sister, the age of three, Giselle's dance studio, and of course my home office.

"Acey!" the tiny voice of Giselle shouted down the hall, as I made my way into the hall.

I turn to her direction and spot her running down the corridor, with her frilly pink tutu. It was cute, her brown hair was tide back neatly and she hopped into my arms.

"How are you, Elle?" my nick name for her, but as soon as I said Elle, I thought about Abrielle. Isn't that just great, two Elle's in my life, but Giselle I truly cared about since she was my baby sister.

"I'm good, guess what?!" she exclaims, wrapping her little arms around my neck.

"What?" I smiled, as my mom came up to me lightly giving me a "welcome back" kiss on the cheek.

"I can do a pirouette!" she answers, giggling like a little girl with her infectious laugh.

"Really? show me later? but right now I have to go see daddy," I stopped at my father's big office doors.

"Okay!" she smiled and I handed her to mom.

"So how are you and Abrielle?" mother asked with an eager smile.

"She's amazing," I acted as if my world revolved around her.

"Are your words true?" she tried not to fully express how she was feeling.

I gave a reassuring nod, and knocked on the door to hear a muffled "Come in."

My expression turned into a smirk, now knowing that this marriage thing was only for a year.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" father asked, looking up from his papers, lightly filing the paper work together.

I sat down on a couch and he came over to sit across from me. A butler had come and set down a tea cup.

"So, whats this about being with Abrielle for only a year?" I raise an eyebrow and an expression of surprise slid onto his face.

"H-how did you find out?" father questioned, bringing his tea cup to his mouth taking a sip.

"A little birdie let it slip," I responded, leaning back into the chair, feeling comfortable when knowing my father was not.

He finally let out a sigh," Fine, since you know already, yes its only a year, but before you go, I want you to tell Abrielle, the one year will only start once you two share that kiss when you get married."

"Alright," I agreed, knowing my old man was trying to stall, that fact that he knows we'll be living together for a few weeks before the wedding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got home late at night having a little fun on my own. It felt like its been a while since I've been out. The lights were still on when I pulled into the drive way, the housekeepers had probably went home for the night. She's still up at midnight? I head inside and look around to see she's not in the living, and head into the kitchen to find a note stuck to the fridge that read:

If your hungry, I made dinner for you.

                                      - Elle

I smiled at the note, thinking how much she sounded like a wife. It now made me wonder how my life would be if I did actually have a serious relationship with Elle; getting married, having kids, and growing old with her, but really that was something I would never want.

I look in the fridge. I warmed up the dish and peacefully enjoyed it, and moaning at how good the flavor swirled in my mouth. Her cooking wasn't like those high class restaurants where they had small portions yet had exquisite taste, hers felt like she poured her heart into the cooking and made the dish taste so much better. She might win me over with her cooking.

When I finished up, I find Elle peacefully sleeping on the bed, except on her side, but what caught my attention was that she was only in her panties and tank top.

Did she forget I lived with her?

My eyes trailed up her whole body; the silky look of her light tan skin, her long sexy legs, her perfect sized chest, and the way she had the perfect curves in the right area.

Stop drooling, I told myself.

Snapping out of my trance that she had me in, I quietly made my way to her side and pulled the covers over her. Suddenly, she grabbed my left wrist, opening her eyes just a smidge.

"Ace?" she said in a hushed tone, and slowly drifted back to sleep, letting go of me.

I smile, shaking my head and walking over to my side, stripping down to only my boxers, crawling into bed, and seeing how far we were apart. I sigh and go to bed, turning the side table lamp off. Tomorrow was the starting of a new week of school, and kind of excited too, knowing from now on we'd drive to and from school together.