Chapter Six

"Look out!" George yelled.

Isabella yelped and moved her spaceship across the screen away from Ray's enemy spacecraft.

"Isabella, you're their new best friend," Emily said, looking up from the book she was reading in the bay window.

Emily laughed at the scene. George and Ray were teaching Isabella a new game and loving every minute of it. Not only had they found a new person to play their video games with, but it was a beautiful girl, who they were both enjoying being around.

Emily frowned as she saw someone walking up the drive. Not many people were brave enough to do so. She watched him climb the stairs. He looked familiar but she wasn't sure where she knew him from.

He rang the doorbell. Emily felt the vibration of him as if his soul ran through the house. And then she knew. Oh, no...no...no...no.

Emily started to shake as a thousand images of his life raced across her mind. She fell back into the window seat, sitting down with a hard thud as her legs gave out from under her.

Death. Grief. Rejection. Betrayal. Fire. Screams. Pain. Love. Joy. Pain. Blood. Desperation. Sadness. Loneliness. Depression. Guilt. Pain. Blood.

Emotions flooded her as fast as the images flashed before her eyes and through her body.

Emily took deep breaths and concentrated on the beep, beep, beeps coming from George and Ray's video game. Luckily, they hadn't turned around and noticed her having one of her "episodes". 

Ever since Emily started having visions as a little girl it would affect her physically. And until she learned to control it, Emily usually ended up passed out on the floor or the pavement or wherever she happened to be at the time.

It still happened, every now and again when she had a powerful vision, but it had happened all the time when she was young. It wasn't until high school when she really managed to control her visions that she was able to start having a relatively normal life.

She really wanted that normal life she always dreamed about right now. Because the guy that just walked up to the door was going to bring all of them some of those emotions and images she just felt and saw. And none of them were ready for it. Not even him.

*******************************

"I'll get it!" Raven called from the hallway.

Raven opened the door to reveal a gorgeous Italian looking guy. His skin was tan; his curly black hair came past his ears. He wore black sunglasses and his clothes were all black. He wore black jeans, black boots and a black tee-shirt showing off a spectacular upper body.

He grinned at her approvingly, when she opened the door. He pulled down his shades to reveal gorgeous light brown eyes.

Raven felt her heart in her throat and stared in admiration.

"Hello," he said to her in a deep voice.

"Hi," Raven answered, leaning on the door for support.

"I'm here to see Isabella. Is she in?" He asked with a slight Italian accent. His eyes looked behind her before returning to her face.

"Isabella?" she asked her mind numb. She couldn't take her eyes or her mind off of his incredible face. Pure perfection. "Oh, yeah. She's here. Just a sec," she said, turning from the door absently. She turned back to him. "I'm sorry, you are..." 

He lifted her hand and brushed a kiss across her knuckles. "Trey."

"Trey," Raven repeated with an intake of breath.