Part twelve

"Tom...Tom." you repeated his name in your distress. Over and over again. Even though you knew he would not come. Still trying to cling onto some last hope.

"She has become unstable again we must act now." one of the scientists said to the other. Urgently wanting to wipe you clean. To start from scratch.

"Prepare the machine." the other responded without so much as a thought. Agreeing that they should take action now.

"I will protect you, Tommy. Don't you worry about a thing." you continued to ramble to yourself. Tears flowing from your eyes, but you are too numb to feel anything. All this pain is enough to take away all your senses. Knowing there is nothing you can do now.

The Hydra scientists got the machine that they used to wipe memories started up. Ready to use it on you for one last time. There is no use fighting against it. Mostly because you can't. Accepting your fate. They placed the headpiece on your head securely. Giving you something to bite down on. Your breathing became more rapid. There is no pain that even comes close to having your mind messed with.

"Full power." you hear one of them say as you closed your eyes, bracing yourself for what is to come.

"But that might kill her." the other replied, feeling apprehensive about his partners decision.

"That's a risk I'm willing to take. She has survived everything else. We have nothing else to lose." he spoke as if your life meant nothing. Whether you lived or died, it meant nothing to him.

So without questioning it, the power is put to full. They are taking no chances this time. In order for you to become a successful weapon, they had to wipe every last one of your memories. It would be easier to manipulate you this way. As the electricity passed through your body, you could feel your mind being ripped apart slowly. Trying to fight against it as hard as you could.

**

Meanwhile the Avengers had just arrived at the Hydra facility, where they first found you. Bucky and Steve running out of the quinjet. Hoping they can get to you on time. Steve came up with a strategy and gave everyone orders.

Bucky began to shoot anyone who came in his path. No one would get in his way of getting to you. Hydra is now aware that they are under attack. Steve threw his shield, taking out multiple hydra agents at a time. He really thought they took them out when they saved you. Clearly not, Hydra is like a sickness that just keeps coming back. Destroying many lives.

The team is now in the building, as they managed to take down the hydra agents outside. There is no time to waste, the longer it took to find you, the more devastating the outcome. Bucky knows how hydra operates. Knowing that at this very moment in time they would be trying to wipe what's left of your memory.

"Bucky you find her, me and the team will handle these guys." Steve spoke through the com as he is fighting off many enemies.

"You don't have to tell me twice." Bucky followed the orders given to him gladly.

He ran through the facility, busting down doors, taking out the out hydra agent here and there. Trying to locate you. The longer it took to find you, the more he panicked. He knew he would eventually find you but he feared that he might be too late by then. By that time, hydra might have succeeded and get what they always wanted from you.

That's when he heard the violent screams filling the whole place as he got closer. His fears coming to light. It is as if he is moving in slow motion as he ran towards the sounds of your screams. The whole world just slowing right down.

"Y/n I'm coming!" Bucky yelled as loud as he could, so that you could hear him. And know not to give up just yet.

You heard his voice calling, as you are still fighting against the machine strapped to your head. Bucky finally found the right room you are being held in and shot the two scientists on the legs. After he put them to the ground he rushed over to the machine that is causing you such pain. He has no idea how it works or how to deactivate it, he would need to act quickly because you can no longer fight it. So instead he decided to rush over to you and pull if off from your head. Throwing it to the ground and then crushing it with his feet. He then carefully unstrapped you from the chair. Which left cuts and bruises as it was on so tightly.

There was so much power going through your body that it left marks on the side of your head. A single tear escaped Bucky's eye as he leaned over you. Your eyes are flickering, struggling to stay focused on him. Your mind not being able to function properly.

"Y/n come on, open your eyes. Please tell me you remember who I am?" Bucky began to whimper. Seeing you like this broke his heart. It hurt more than the moment you left him.

You listened to his voice carefully, something about it sounded familiar. Looking at his face, reaching for it with your hand. He seems rather upset to see you like this. It wasn't until you looked him right in the eyes that the memories came flooding back. You remembered of the first time you ever saw them, as he sat there in the dark. The first time you ever saw them glimmering with tears. And the time he made love to you without taking his eyes away from your. You know exactly who it is. How could you ever forget those eyes?

"B-Bucky?" you stammered and in that moment he rested his head against yours, his tears of sorrow becoming tears of relief. You are still feeling rather incapacitated.

Bucky pressed his trembling lips against yours and kissed you. He never thought he would be able to do that again. After that he lifted you up into his arms. You rested your head against his chest.

"I got her. She's going to be alright." Bucky alerted the others through his com.

"Good, we found her parents. It's over, bring her back to the jet." Steve is relieved to hear Bucky got to you on time.

When Bucky got onto the quinjet, he sat down in one of the seats. Still clutching on in his arms. He would never let anything like this happen to you again. Your parents looked over at Bucky, feeling slightly terrified by him. Mostly because they have never seen him before. But they could tell by the way he is looking at you, how he is holding you in his arms, that he loves you.

As the quinjet got back up into the air, you started to come back around. You looked up to see Bucky smiling. Reaching for his face you placed your hand on his cheek. Thankful that he had saved you. If he didn't get to you on time, you wouldn't remember a thing about your life. All chances of you getting your life back would have diminished. It is good to know that you are safe. Hopefully that is the last time you are taken by Hydra.

"I love you Bucky." your eyes began to water up. The thought of not remembering his handsome face or gorgeous eyes made you feel upset.

"I love you too." he had to kiss you in that moment. There is no stopping his lips from gravitating towards yours. To hear those words meant everything to him