Unpleasant Breakfast

I woke up, by someone trying to wake me up. Opening my eyes, I could make out my roommate's face, who was right up in my own. I found out yesterday that I had a roommate called Lilly Evans whom I met at the train yesterday, she seems really nice, but before I could get to know her yesterday, I fell asleep.
I looked at her with wide eyes.
"Why are you waking me up at 5:00 am in the morning?" I said after looking at the grandfather clock by the wall. "Well we have a big day today, we are starting classes today!" I looked at her like she was insane. "For your information, breakfast does not begin until 7:30. That is now two and a half hours until. So my question for you, is why have you woken me up so early?" She took a step back, probably noticing my annoyed and intense look that I had on my face. I'm guessing that she was taken back by my answer, but at the same time, she was probably trying to come up with what to say. "Well Robyn, I thought that maybe you would like to get to know each other?" She said with an excited, but scared voice.  I looked at her, thinking about what to say to her, but I couldn't, because my brain does not function this early. So I said the only thing that I could at this time of day. "Fine we can get to know each other, but we shall not ask too personal questions!" She then started jumping up and down in excitement, which shocked me to my core. She then moved over to my bed and signaled for me to move over, so that we could ask questions. "Okay, so I'll start, since this was my idea. What is your favorite color?" Lily asked. I did not really know the answer to that. "Well, I do not really have a favorite color, but if I had to choose, it would have to be Blue or Purple. What about yours?" I answered and asked. "I do not like to have a favorite color, because I think that it is unfair towards the other colors. What is your family like?" She said, looking curious on what my answer could be. To be honest, I did not know how to answer that, because my parents are pure-bloods, and on my fathers side, they have been in Slytherin house, for a long time. I did not even think about this when I got sorted. What if I get a howler, or what if my brother does not speak to me ever again because we are not in the same house. I looked up, and saw that Lily was looking at me with a concerned look. "My family is a proud Slytherin family, they also hate muggles, muggle-born and half-bloods. But ever since I was a child, I always hated their beliefs. So for that reason, I am glad that I am not in Slytherin. What is your favorite cake?" I asked, to move onto a different topic. She looked deep in thought, like she couldn't choose one. "My favorite cake is Macrons. Same question to you?" She had this face of delight like she was thinking about Macrons. "I don't have a favorite cake, but I have a favorite dessert, and that is ice cream! I love ice cream, and if I could, I would only eat that, for the rest of life! Do you like skiing?" I asked with my love for ice cream face. "Oh, my family and I always used to go to the alps in the winter break. I don't know if we are going to do that anymore." She looked down after saying that, when I looked closely, I saw that she had tears in her eyes. Looking at her, I got a feeling in my stomach, that I have never had before like I wanted to hug her, hug her so that she feels happy again, but I didn't, because I don't know this girl well enough to do that. After that little feeling, I looked over at the grandfather clock by the wall, and saw that it was already 06:30, I nudged Lily in the arm and pointed to the clock. She nodded and went to find her clothes and toiletries, and went into the bathroom, not giving me or the room a second glance. I didn't think more about it, I just got my stuff ready, for when I could go to the bathroom myself.

When both Lily and myself, were ready, we went down to the common room, almost by the door, when I heard someone calling my name. I looked behind my back and saw that it was Sirius and his friends that had called me. I waved my hand towards them and motioned them to follow us. They agreed and followed us down to the great hall. There we saw that a lot of people had already shown up. Breakfast was already on every table, looking good as ever. We all sat down, and started digging in. In the middle of breakfast, the mail came in, I was dreading this, and even more so, when I saw my black owl Sparky, I saw her with a red envelope, and that did not look good. I kept looking down, but then I knew that I could not get away from this, so I did what I had to do. Sparky came closer to me, and stuck her leg out to me, with the letter, which I took of her, she left immediately, like she knew what was in store for me. I took one glance on the red envelope in front of me, as if the more I stared at, it would go away, but that didn't happen. I took the envelope and turned it over, to see the famous Caedem seal on the back, I was about to open it, when Sirius took it from my hands and dumped it in water. I knew all too well why he did it, it was because it was a howler, probably from my parents, about me becoming a Gryffindor, instead of what they always wanted me to be in, Slytherin. I looked up at Sirius and saw that he too had a howler in water. I thanked him with my eyes, and he smiled with him, then I looked over at Lily, and saw that she was looking at my howler that was still in the water. I gave her my most convincing smile, but she didn't buy it. I looked over at the Slytherin table, and saw my older brother Greg, he gave me a disappointing look, he then signaled me to go out and meet him in the hall. " Hey guys I'll see you in the common room, and Lily can you please take my schedule with you?" I asked her. She then nodded and said fine. I walked away from the table, but not before giving Sirius a scared look. When I was outside, I saw Greg leaning against the wall. He came towards me and lead me away from the crowd and into the shadows, where he punched me in the stomach, he did that five times, to which he was satisfied, and walked away as nothing had happened. I waited a few minutes, before I started walking back to the common room to collect my books and meet up with the others.
When I had arrived at the common room, I saw Lily sitting in the couch, and reading what looked like to be Hogwarts a history. And at the table by the window, Sirius, James, Remus, and Peter, waiting for something, but I don't know what though. I walked over to Lily and pricked her in the arm. " Do you have my schedule?" She went into her back and took out my schedule and gave it to me. I thanked her and went to get my bag and books. On my way, I couldn't help but look at Sirius, he smiled, but I couldn't smile back, so I just went upstairs.
In my room, I saw my bag on the floor by my bed, as I was about to bend down at pick it up, I felt pain in my stomach, so I lifted up my shirt a bit, only to see my stomach bruised. I bent over to my bag again, biting my teeth down. I went downstairs, and was on my way to the door, when I was stopped by Sirius. I tried looking away and tried to get away, but he turned me around and gave me a hug. I couldn't hold myself, so I just fell apart and cried, I cried for the first time since I was a child. We didn't say anything, we just hugged. When that hug was over, we caught up with the others and went to class.