The Sorting Hat

The boys and I walked off the train in awe of the castle in front of us. Suddenly caught in the view, a voice could be heard. 

" Firs' - years! Firs' - years, follow me!" The voice belonged to a large and tall man. If you ask me, he looked very scary, but at the same time very kind. All the first years followed the curious man, we approached a lake, where there were many boats. The boats could only carry five people, so the boys and myself took one together. When all the first years had found a boat, they suddenly started moving by themselves.

The boats stopped at the boathouse and the giant man told us to follow him into the castle. Everyone obeyed because he looked like someone who you didn't want to go against if he got annoyed or even angry. At the entrance to Hogwarts, stood a lady with a pointy witches hat, she looked very stern. A woman who looked to be very cross, someone who you didn't want to mess with. I looked at the boys, and they seemed to have ideas about what they can do to her. I gave them a look, meaning that they had to fill me in later. We all followed this lady, till we came to the entrance to the great hall, where she stopped us. "My name is Professor McGonagall, you will soon all walk through these doors, and you will be sorted into your houses, your houses will be like your family. They are called Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, any rule-breaking will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points will be awarded the house cup." The lady said, to which I learned is named Professor McGonagall. "Wait here, and I will see if they are ready for you." She said smiling for the first time since we got here. She then went inside the door, but she only opened it so that she could slip through so that we couldn't see anything from the great hall.

A few minutes later, she then emerged from the door, opening them more, so that we could walk in. Before we walked in, she said to form two lines. Walking in, you become mesmerized from the moment you are inside. The ceiling is bewitched to look like the sky, the walls have torches lining up, there was even a very big fireplace on the right-hand side, looking up I saw the house cup points hourglass. In the front there stood a simple stool, on top sat an old hat. McGonagall led us to the front and stopped us, when we came to the very front, in front of the other Professors and the Headmaster. McGonagall was now holding a long scroll of parchment. " When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted." She said.
She went through the list quickly, it was now Sirius' turn to go up there. The hat seemed to be very unsure about where he should be placed, a little while later, the hat yelled out Gryffindor. The Gryffindor table seemed pleased that they had received another fellow Gryffindor, but his parents won't be so happy to hear this.
There were a few other names called, but I didn't listen, I only cared about my own name being called, my name was finally called, I walked slowly towards the stool, and when I had sat on it, Professor McGonagall placed the hat on my head. Suddenly I could hear a voice inside my head. " Ah, I was wondering when I would get to sort another Caedem. You are quite hard to place, you have the mind of Ravenclaw, yet you are loyal and kind as are the Hufflepuffs, and you are also brave-hearted. Where to put you?" It seemed that he was mumbling to himself. After some time, the hat seemed to have found out what house I should be in because he screamed it out. " Better be GRYFFINDOR"
I walked happily over to the Gryffindor table. Now we just have to wait for the others, hopefully, that won't take too long, because I am very hungry. The sorting seemed to drag on for what felt like hours, but it probably wasn't. After some time had passed Remus, James and Peter were all sorted into Gryffindor. 

After the sorting, Headmaster Dumbledore stepped up to his podium. " I would like to say a few words, puzzle, winter and lemon drops. With that said, enjoy the feast and welcome first years." When he mentioned the feast, food suddenly showed up on the table. I had seen nothing like it before since my mom would come with the food and then place it on the dining table. I looked over to the boys, and they had already put food on their plate, so I grabbed what looked good, and apparently that seemed to be roast chicken, so I started to nibble on that. Thinking back to all the manner lessons from my mother, I felt like I couldn't betray those obsessions of doing as she says. So that is why I am only nibbling my food and not forcing it in my mouth like some animal.  I looked across of me, and there sat Sirius, he was eating everything that was in front of him, but it seemed that he somehow knew that someone was looking at him, because he looked up, and smiled at me. The smile made me melt inside of me, and I have no idea why, but Sirius is very attractive, I can happily admit that. 

Anyway, when everyone in the great hall seemed pleased with dinner, dessert showed up and replaced the amazing food. Every dessert that I can think of, was right in front of me, I think I just died and went to heaven. I couldn't look at it any longer, so I started piling different kinds of desserts in my bowl, that has suddenly appeared, just like the rest. 

After scraping everything in my bowl. I was stuffed, I couldn't eat anymore. Dumbledore went up to his podium and raised his hand. " Silence." Everyone was quite immediately. "Now, before you all go to your houses, I would like to say a few things, the forest is out of bounds. That was that, and now your prefects will show you to your houses. I wish you all a great year." The prefects started moving out of the great hall, so us first years followed them. Walking towards the Gryffindor common room, was really hard, because this school is a maze. I couldn't help myself, but to look around, and try to remember what was around, so that it was easier to find the common room later. Our prefect stopped in front of a portrait of an old lady. He said a password to her, and it opened to become a door. We all followed him inside and when everyone was inside, he stopped and turned towards us, and told us that the password is wattlebird. He also told us where the girl's dorms are and the boys dorm. 

We all went our separate ways to go to bed. Waiting for the next day to come.