The Hogwarts Express (year one)

I was waiting by the door for my parents and brother to hurry up, so that we could make our way over to Hogwarts Express. As normal they were taking a long time gathering their things.

My father was running around trying to gather my brother's cauldron, as he had left packing until the last second. And my mother, running a last minute check list, trying to remember if there was anything forgotten.

" Are we going to apparate there? " I asked curiously, as my father hurriedly passed by.

" Yes my dear, that's why we were taking so long, but I guess you are just so excited, that you couldn't wait any longer, eh?" My father answered.

" Well, of course, it's my first year at Hogwarts after all" I answered him back. I started mentally going over the list in my head of items I had to bring. When I was happy to know that I had everything I needed, I thought that it would be funny to practice wand waving. I wanted to have a slight advantage.

When the grandfather cloak in the den struck 10:30, everyone was finally ready standing by the front door.

"Everyone, hold on tight. As I apparate us there. Hold my arm tight! " My father said, as we all held onto his arm. Soon we had arrived at platform 9 3/4, and I couldn't be more excited. 

I've seen the train before, but this time I was going on it, that's what makes it so magical. My brother and I said bye to our parents, hugging them before we boarded the train. While we were trying to find an empty compartment, my brother's friends asked him to come and sit with him, he looked at me for permission, to which I gave him and said that I would find one alone. So many were filled with older kids, so I was trying to find one that was either empty or had first years only. The last compartment that I checked had four boys, who looked like first years, so I knocked and went inside to ask if I could sit with them. It seemed that not all of them wanted me to sit with them, so they formed a circle, and discussed wether I could sit here or not. After some time, they had come to the conclusion that I could indeed sit with them.

The boy with the glasses introduced himself and his companions. "Hi my name is James Potter, the boy with the book is Remus Lupin, the boy who is currently trying to flirt with you is Sirius Black, and last but not least is Petter Pettigrew." Wow! Was all I could think of. "Hi, nice to meet you all, I should probably also introduce myself. My name is Robyn Caedem." The boys seemed very surprised that I came from one of the most known Slytherin houses, but they never commented on it. 

Through the train ride, we all got to know each other very well, we also talked about what to expect of Hogwarts. Half way through our conversation about the sorting, Sirius interrupted. "Robyn, what would happen if you ended in a different house than Slytherin?" I was shocked by his question, but I decided to answer him truthfully. "Well if that were to happen, then my parents would most likely want to disown me from the family and do something to my portrait on the family tree. Why do you ask?" I asked him curiously. " I'm asking, because the same thing would most likely happen to myself." He answered, a bit shocked to hear my answer. "That's why your name sounds so familiar, your part of the noble house of Black." Surprised, because he didn't act like a true Slytherin. "Yeah, but I do not want to be a part of a family-like my own." He said with a slight frown upon his face. I only gave him a slight nod in understanding, to which he did the same. 

After our little conversation was over, we all continued talking. The topic was now Quidditch, I surprised the boys yet again by knowing a lot about Quidditch. There was a knock at the compartment door, all of us looked, and there were a boy and a girl standing there. They did what I had done earlier (they opened the door), they introduced them selves as Severus Snape and Lilly Evans. Apparently there was nowhere to sit, so they asked us. Before any of us could reply, James shouted "yes". We looked at him surprised, but we didn't question him.

We were having fun, getting to know Severus and Lilly. Sirius looked like he was holding something back and after some time, he couldn't keep his mouth shut. "Hey Snivelly, why is your hair so greasy?" Sirius asked, looking proud of what he just said. Lilly gaped at him, she then grabbed Snivelly by his elbow and walked out the door. When both of them were out of view, we all burst out laughing.

Lost talking to the boys about what had previously happened and just having a blast in each other's company, Hogwarts came into view, the school was even more beautiful than i could have ever imagined. My brother didn't really tell me that the school was mesmerizing.

This is my first fan-fiction that i'm publishing, so i hope you all enjoy. I also hope that you find this story intriguing.