Au Revior: Chapter 9

Chapter 9

As we drove down unfamiliar roads we had familiar stories, familiar memories and familiar music.

The night was gloomy but not us.

"Eris, I am so sorry. I mean it. For everything."

"You're becoming dramatic K. Stop it, we should enjoy the night. Okay?" I said with a smile.

"I know. But I can't help but be sad whenever I think of all the things I did to you."

I looked at her, "Forget the past already K. We should live in the moment."

Then she smiled, and looked back to the road.

I marveled at the sight of her smile. How I missed it.

"Keep those eyes on the road E." She reprimanded me. I just laughed and looked back on the road.

I reached for her hand and held on to it.

"K, will you smile for me again?" I asked as I looked at her again.

"Stop it E, you're driving." Her voice was now stern.

"Just smile, please?"

"Eris!" She shouted. Then everything went black.

----------------------------------

Karen's point of view:

The blaring noise of the ambulance pierced through the silence. I opened my eyes, and remebered Eris.

I sat up and saw myself inside an ambulance.

"Eris! Tell me where is he?!" I demanded from the nurse who is in the ambulance.

"Please calm down, you are injured." She said as she tried to calm me down.

"Tell me, is he okay?! I need to see him, please." I asked her with tears brimming in my eyes.

"Calm down Miss Haynes, we are still on our way to the hospital. And as soon as we are done in properly treating you, you could go check Mister Samaniego."

I was silenced by it.

She is right, he's probably on another ambulance.

"Please lie back down, and rest while we are on our way."

I obeyed and closed my eyes. I am hoping he is fine. I pray that nothing serious had happened.

It has been a long time since I talked to him, since I got to smile and enjoy without being judged. And I hope my time with him doesn't get taken away from me.

This time I will make sure to make the right decisions after realizing that there will always be people who can't say no to you, even after every wrong thing you did to them.

And this time I will make sure I won't push away the people in my life who brings out the best in me.

I hope my prayers will be granted.