Au Revior: Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"Why the h#ll did you drove under the storm?!" I asked her as soon as I entered her car.

But she didn't answered me, all I can hear was her sobs. I averted my eyes from her and fixed it on her car's moving wipers.

"Why are you here?" I asked as calmly as I could muster.

But again I was met by her silence. We haven't talked for months and it is stupid that I am waiting for a response. Of course, were estranged now.

We have drifted apart.

All because of that Oliver. All because of her dreams.

I should have known that she's gonna do everything for what she want. I was her best friend and I should have been aware of it.

I used to be her everything, but now I am just no one.

"K." I said as I called her the way I used to.

"E." I was surprised how she called me, I looked at her and was surprised that she is staring at me.

"I'm sorry if I called you on such an hour in this kind of weather. You are still on my speed dial." Her brown eyes were staring at me with tears starting to pool in them.

"I just don't know who to call when this stupid car broke down in here." She said with a sad grin as she laid her head on her headrest.

"Why am I still on your speed dial?" I asked with nonchalance in my voice. But deep inside of me there was a spark of hope.

"I guess I was still hoping you'd forgive me. I knew that I have pushed your buttons too hard, I knew you too better." There was a little smug smile on her lips.

"Why are you here?" I asked again.

I heard her gave out a deep sigh, "Don't you know me?"

"But we have drifted apart, so I can't say that I still know you."

"I haven't changed that much E. Ever since that day, I am still the Karen you know. Well, except that now I am more stronger." Then I heard her chuckle.

"No cross that out, I am still the old Karen."

"Don't say that K. You have always been strong." I said as I tried not to remember my mother's death.

"You were there when no one else was." The words came out of my mouth easily as I have thought of oppositely.

Then there was silence once more that filled the terrible night.

I wish she still loves me, even just a friend.

I wish we could go back to what we were before.