Chapter 6- Proposal

Start from the beginning

I went home and fell in sujood. Allah had answered my prayers quickly. I sat with Ummi and spoke to her like a toddler who got his first lollipop.
I told her I'm going over for lunch and her response surprised me -

"I will come along, dear. It's been long time since I saw Ferooza"
"You know her mom? I mean, his. Ijaz's?"
"Of course, Amjoo. Even before you were born!"

Chuckling to myself, I looked at my watch for the umpteenth time.
Can lunchtime come any sooner?

Ahmed's house

"I'm so happy Hafza. I was just thinking about you yesterday, hoping to see you soon. Allah must have been listening. Bring your husband also. Okay, Hafza, see you for lunch. Assalamualaikumm"

Ferooza put her phone back to charging and called out for her daughter
"Marjaaan? Marjaaan come here. Help me with cooking today, would you jaan?"

Ferooza was a good cook herself and she never let anybody assist her unless there were guests coming in, her daughter knew that much.

"Yes mumma, what do you want me to do?" noticing her elated mother.

"Hafza aunty and her family is coming for lunch." She said beaming.

"Alright Mumma!" Marjaan was already dicing peeled onions that were in front of her.

Marjaan P.O.V

They arrived an hour early for lunch to the normal lunch time which and our guests arrive. I opened the door and welcomed Hafza aunty and Navas uncle and was startled to see a tall guy, must be their son.
He looked handsome, but I knew I had seen him somewhere before.

"Oh wait, wasn't he the guy I bumped into at the airport and gave away my trolley bag to?"

I lowered my gaze, blushing slightly and took Hafza aunty inside along with me. I hoped he didn't remember me, recalling that day.

"Good to see you Marjaan. How are you, beti? How's college?" distracting my thoughts.

"Alhamdulillah, I'm fine. Ever since my fourth semester started, I've been busy over projects and deadlines"

Mumma, aunty and I exchanged pleasantries for some time with till the maids signaled the lunch was ready to be served. While serving the lunch, I sensed their son eye's on me
before he averted his gaze.

He was back from Ireland, aunty has said. He lowered his gaze, a surprising gesture seldom observed by people who come back from abroad. Atleast he did not choose to follow religion how it suited him, I thought happily.

Ijaz bayya and her son seemed to hit on very well. Hafza aunty on the other hand, was a very interesting woman who would enthrall me no matter what the topic was.

They stayed close to two hours post lunch, the party ended when they left. The house settled down to its monotony.

Amjad P.O.V

Ahmed family was very friendly and Ferooza aunty literally made me eat till my throat. I had to use every ounce of will power to lower my gaze to my plate every time she was around .

I knew her black eyes were a snare for my heart, one look would trap me forever. I tried to erase her picture from my mind so that I can stay away from fitnah. The food was well prepared and Marjaan would come in between to refill empty dishes with more helpings.

I risked one glance at her before immediately lowering my gaze, and said my dikhar in my mind.

Two days later