Welcome to Fairy Tail

The carriage ride was over shortly, Laxus stumbling out trying to remain his impassive look, and Lucy shaking like a leaf. All five of them entered the guild.

"Hey, Lucy!" A girl said, coming to stand next to her. "My name's Levy." Lucy noticed everyone walking away from her, leaving her alone with this stranger.

"Hi Levy." She said quietly. She was still shaken up from the car ride.

"Are you going to join Fairy Tail?" She questioned the blond with a bright glint in her intelligent eyes. She liked the shy girl in front of her. She felt as if she would be more friendlier once they got closer.

"Yep. Right now." Lucy nodded, looking away from the blue haired girl who was trying to catch her eye.

"Right now? That's great! I'll see you later, then. Good luck!" She bounded off excitedly to go sit next to a guy with spiky, long black hair.

"Good luck?" She muttered to herself, wondering if she had meant anything by it. She stepped up to the bar, next to Mira.

"Hello, Mira." She said. She was very good at remembering names. "I was wondering if I could join Fairy Tail?"

"Yes, of course you can! I knew you'd want to." She smiled brightly. "Let's just go talk to the Master and I can get your mark."

"She doesn't need to do that." Laxus spoke up, suddenly appearing next to her. "We already cleared it. She'll also be joining the Raijin-shuu."

"WHAT?!" Screamed a pink-headed boy, barging into the conversation. "She must be pretty powerful!"

"Shut up, Fire Breath!" A boy with no shirt on yelled at him.

"Who you calling Fire Breath, Ice Princess?" They were in each others faces, yelling loudly.

Lucy ignored them and continued talking to Mira. "I want it pink. On the side of my head." She pointed to the part that was recently shaved, her right side.

"Alright, let me just go get it." She smiled and went on her merry way.

"That's an interesting place, Lucy." Bixlow commented.

"Says the man with his on his tongue." She scoffed, rolling her eyes even though no one could see it.

Ever laughed while Bixlow turned red. "Ha ha, you just told off by your younger sister!"

Lucy smiled a little, before turning around to see that Mira had come back with the stamp.

"Alright, turn your head this way." She instructed the blond.

Lucy felt something warm being pressed against her head. "Alright! All done."

"Thanks, Mira."

"Everyone, let's celebrate!" A brunette exlaimed, jumping up on the table with a bottle of booze in her hands. "To the new, youngest member of the Raijin-shuu!"

Everyone cheered, congratulating Lucy, while she shrunk back from all of the attention. Everyone started partying while Lucy just sat there awkwardly. After a while of everyone drinking, Lucy decided to slip out. She didn't know where she was going, because she didn't have a place to stay, but she knew she couldn't ask to live with her brother. She didn't want to be any more of a burden.

"Hey." A voice said behind her. She instantly tensed. "I brought you some food from the party." He handed her a container of sweet and sour chicken.

"Thanks, Laxus. How thoughtful." She took the container and crossed her arms, trying to contain her body heat.

"Wasn't my idea. Gramps told me to check on you." He said.

"Yeah, anyways, thanks." She started walking off in a random direction, hoping he wouldn't follow her.

"Where are you going?" He asked, his hands in his pockets as he leisurely walked, not bothered by the cold due to his large coat.

"None of your business." She shuddered.

"Hey. You aren't leaving, are you?" He asked. She stopped walking, facing his direction.

"I just found my brother. There's no way I'm leaving him." She said, acting tougher than she felt.

"Alright, alright, just asking. But do you even have a place to stay?"

"Why do you care?" She muttered, she crossed her arms, looking away. He stopped, turning his head slightly to look at her, raising his eyebrow. "You know what, never mind. And yes, I do have a place to stay."

"Really. Do you." Monotone. She was tired of monotone.

"It's none of your business!" She exploded.

He had the audacity to laugh at her. She huffed, uncrossing her arms, pointing a finger at him. "Leave me alone." She started walking away again, before she felt him grab her arm. He shoved her towards himself, about to come back with something, when he noticed her flinching.

He then let go of her. "I can't really leave you alone."

"Huh?" She questioned.

"You're part of my team, remember?" He smirked. "Come on. You can eat that at my place."

"You expect me to stay with you?" She asked, throwing up her arms.

"Yes." He started walking.

"Well, then, wait for me!" She scampered after him in the cold. She guessed she would have to get over her fear of him, or at least suppress it for tonight. She looked up to see snowflakes falling. She smiled up at them. Snow always reminded her of good things. It was so pure, and white, and had such a great innocence. Even though it was eventually stepped on, it always looked beautiful.

Laxus looked over to see the blonde looking up in amazement at the years first snowfall. He smiled at her child-like sense of wonder before looking away.