A Forgotten Friend | Ashley Goes Missing

Start from the beginning

Edward was so perfect. I love spending time with him but after my confession, it won't be possible. There's only five percent chance that he would reciprocate the feelings, I feel for him. Well, I should not be a pessimist and should hope for the best.

Today, had been a long day and I just wanted to sleep on my comfortable bed.

After having the dessert, we left their place. On reaching my house, I rushed up to my bedroom, quickly changed into my pyjamas and then brushed my teeth. I then lied down on my bed and switched of the lights. My sleep, however, was short-lived as I woke to the sound of my phone ringing. I checked the time and it showed 9. Wow, I was so tired that I was sleeping this early. I searched for my phone and when I found it, I saw Eric's name flashing on the screen. Why was Eric calling me? I shrugged the thoughts off and picked up the phone.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey, Rachel! Its me, Eric. I hope, I didn't disturb you." said Eric.

Yes, you did. You just ruined my beaut sleep. Obviously, I didn't say that, instead I said,"Oh, no! You didn't! Why did you call?"

"Oh, I Just wanted to talk to you and ask you a few things about the party." he said.

"So, what do you wanna know?"

"I wanted to ask, is this party formal or casual? I mean, what should I wear? Something formal or casual?" he asked, he was sounding a bit embarrassed.

Good God! He was more concerned about his attire than I was. I mean, I'm a girl and aren't girls supposed to be the ones concerned about what should they wear?

"It's nothing formal. You should dress casually." I said.

We talked for a few more minutes until I said that I had to go sleep. After disconnecting the phone, I switched it to the silent mode so that nobody could spoil my beauty sleep.

I woke up to the sound of the birds chirping, outside my bedroom's window. I glanced at the wall clock and saw that it was only 7:00 am.

I woke up quite early for a holiday.

I got out my bed and the brushed my teeth. I headed downstairs and saw my mother cooking while dad sitting on the dining table, reading a newspaper, as usual.

"Good Morning, Mom and Dad." I said.

"Good Morning, Rachel" They said in unison. Both of them looked quite cheerful, maybe because of the party. I had to have cereal for breakfast since mom was busy cooking for the party, tonight and couldn't cook something special like pancakes.

After having breakfast, I took a quick shower. I then called Edward to remind him that he had to come to my place for making the desserts for the party tonight. He said that he would be here in a few and I waited for him in the living room.

Watched a little bit of TV while waiting for him. After a few minutes, the doorbell rung and I rushed towards the door to open it.

Behind the door was Edward, looking as cute and fresh, as usual.

"Morning, Rach." he said as he planted a kiss on my cheek and made his way to the kitchen.

I sighed and said, "Morning, Ed", more to myself. His kisses would always leave me awestruck.

When I reached he kitchen, we started working on the desserts. I gave the duty of cutting and dicing the fruits for the fruit salad to Edward as he was very good at it. While I started working on the molten chocolate muffins. Edward plugged in his iPhone to the dock and started playing a few songs.

While we working, a slow song came up and Edward took my hand and started swaying me around the kitchen. I giggled and they echoed through the Walls. We danced until the song came to an end. The dance was truly magical.

Edward is an awesome dancer and these little things make me love him even more. I have loved him from the very beginning, since we were kids but seeing him after so many years made my feelings towards him grow, even more stronger.

After putting my muffins into the oven, I turned to face Edward who had just finished cutting the fruits.

"Edward, since we have done everything, you should go home and change. I'll see you when the party will start."

"Okay, Rachel, see you then." he said. He planted a kiss on my forehead and left.

I waited for the muffins to get baked and then went upstairs to get ready for the party.

Today, I had to dress to impress.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Isn't Edward cute? Hope you guys liked this chapter. I had to re-write this chapter since the original version got deleted.

Team Eric or Team Edward?

Please do vote AND comment.

This story is coming to an end! :( Probably two or three more chapter are left.

xoxo

fabgirl1998

Ps- This chapter has been dedicated to a friend of mine on wattpad, KellyMac1D. She's an awesome person and an amazing fan.

Check out the song, Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol!

If I lay here

if I just lay here

would you lie with me and just forget the world? ❤

Awesome song! Can't get it out of my head. Love it!