A Forgotten Friend | Poetry and Rudeness

'I can taste the tension like a cloud of smoke in the air'

A Forgotten Friend | Poetry and Rudeness

Thankfully, today I didn't reach the bus stop late and experience Sarah's ranting. In fact, I reached the bus stop quite early and had to wait for Sarah.

"I see you are quite early today! Seems like my bickering has had some effect on you!" Said Sarah.

"Hello, to you too!" I replied.

"Whatever." Was her answer.

Someone's not in a good mood today.

"What happened? Why are you being so rude and moody?" I asked.

"Nothing serious. It's just that I'm not at all excited to go to school today. You see, I hate group projects and now that our English project is supposed to be in a pair, I'm not looking forward to it. It's not like we both will be teamed up together." She said.

"Yeah, true. Ms. Slater never pairs us with our friends." I said, "I'm also not looking forward to it."

With that the bus arrived and we stepped into it. After paying, we took our seats. I took the one by the window while Sarah took the other one, by the aisle. Today, the bus wasn't as crowded as it would be everyday.

It took us about half an hour to reach the school from my place. As we entered the school, I headed towards my locker to take out the books for my first period.

Today, I was avoiding a certain pair of blue eyes, since I didn't want him to know about me at all. Yes, today, I was going to ignore Edward.

My first period was Biology and it is one of my favourite subjects. I was even planning to become a doctor in the future, probably a cardiologist. Our Bio teacher, Mr. Morales is an amazing teacher. He teaches the subject so well that anything we discuss in class gets permanently glued to my brain.

After Bio, we had English. It was the class, I wasn't looking forward to going, at all. Today, Ms. Slater, the teacher who teaches us English, had to appoint our partners for the project. As the bio period got over, I went to my locker to grab my books for the English period. I even took my diary with me to jot down a few points for the project.

As I entered the classroom, I discovered that there was an unknown teacher sitting on the teacher's table. She was wearing a pink blouse with a black pencil skirt and a pair of black heels. She looked like she was in her early thirties or late twenties. A frown was settled over perfectly arched eyebrows. She was apparently our substitution teacher. She raised an eyebrow as she saw me at the doorway.

"May I come in, miss?" I asked.

"Yes, come in." She said in a stern voice.

She seemed a bit scary with that frown and voice of hers. As I saw the blackboard, I realised that her name was Ms. Grey. She had written some tasks on the board for us to do during the substitution period.

After finishing the work she had given us, which was to write a paragraph on our views on globalisation, I decided to write something to keep myself busy. The inner poet in me awakened and I decided to write a poem. I decided to write a poem on how I was currently feeling about the whole situation of meeting-my-childhood-best friend-and-ignoring-him.

So, I wrote this lame poem-

Oh my friend,

I wish you knew

That I was the one

Who remembered you.

The fights we had

The games we played.

When we were young,

I wished you stayed.

As I see you each passing day,

I go back to the days of happiness.

How we used to sit by the bay,

Remembering all our madness.

As I think about the days of joy,

I wonder if you would've remembered

That you were the boy,

Who made a best friend in the mid of September.

For me,

You'll always be my best friend.

But as for you,

I'll always be a forgotten friend.

As I finished my poem, I heard the voice that I was avoiding since morning.

"May I come in, ma'am?"

Edward was in my English class? Since when? Why wasn't he in the class yesterday?

'You were busy planning ways to get rid of him maybe that's why you didn't notice him.' Said my inner voice.

Shut up, inner voice.

I looked over at Sarah who was smiling like an idiot and was looking at Edward in awe. Sarah and I had English together and both of us weren't looking forward to today's class. Maybe, we have to wait for one more day to know about our partners.

I'm so excited! Not.

I looked over at Ms. Grey, who was frowning at Edward. If looks could kill, he would've been dead by now.

"Yeah, you may come in. But next time, don't be late. Take this as my last warning. Now go to your seat and start working on the essay that you have to write." Said Ms. Grey in her stern voice.

Edward nodded in reply. He sauntered towards his seat which was unfortunately behind me.

"Hey!" He said, "What did we have to do?"

"Can't you see the board," I snapped as i turned around to face him. Maybe I was a bit rude but who cares. I have to ignore him so being rude will actually help and would prevent me from falling for him like the other girls.

He's my bestfriend. I mean, 'was' my best friend but I don't look at him in that way.

"Okay. Chill, I was just asking!" He said, shocked of my sudden snapping. Maybe he wasn't used to such treatment because he was now treated like a God in this school.

"Yeah, whatever." I simply replied.

"So, are you excited about the project. I mean, aren't you curious about who your partner might be?" He asked.

Could he just not get it that I didn't want to talk to him. So I said, "No, I'm not excited. Now would you please let me do my work?"

"But it looks like that you are already done with your essay." He said.

I narrowed my eyes at him, as if getting the message, he shrugged his shoulders and then started scribbling in his notebook.

I turned back and looked at my poem. Edward has become more annoying and more good-looking in the past few years.

I don't know how will I manage to ignore this boy.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Hey Guys!

Because of my stupidity and my phone, I, by mistake deleted the story. I would really appreciate it, if you guys would keep following it and support me like you did before the book got deleted.

This chapter is dedicated to PanicAtFallOutBoy. She is an awesome person and an amazing friend of mine on wattpad. She made sure to comment on all of my chapters and voted for them too! Hope she likes the chapter! :D

Ps- That was my first attempt of writing a poem.

Criticism is openly accepted.

Please vote or comment.

fabgirl1998