Part 7: All Wounds Heal

Start from the beginning

“Sir, ready na po to. Masarap habang mainit pa.” One of the boatmen told Sam as he placed the last fish and pork barbeque from the grilling pan.

“Salamat. Tara, sabay na po kayo samin.” – Sam

“Ay, hindi na po. Kelangan po naming bumalik sa resort. May pinapahango po samin sa bayan si Mang Tony. Utos po ng boss namin. Babalikan po namin kayo mga bandang alas singko. Nandyan na rin po sa plastic container ang mga pang snorkel na pwede nyong gamitin kung gusto nyo. Kung may kailangan po kayo, text nyo lang po kami o si Mang Tony at agad agad na may pupunta dito. Mas malapit na po ito sa resort, 15 minutes lang po ang layo.” – One of the boatmen

“Ah ganon po ba? Oh sige po, ingat po kayo. Kami na pong bahala dito.” – Sam

“Sige po Sir Sam.” The boatman courteously said and went on their way.

Sarah and Yeng, upon seeing the boat leave, went to the hut and approached Sam.

“San daw sila pupunta Kuya Sam?” – Yeng

“Ah, kailangan daw sila sa resort ngayon. They’ll come back for us around 5pm. Tara, let’s eat. Then later, let’s swim and snorkel if you ladies want.” - Sam

“Wow… Ang sasarap naman ng mga nakahain. Wooh, busog na naman ako nito mamaya lang.” – Yeng

“Hahaha, kaw talaga Sis.” Sarah then sat on the makeshift wooden bench and gave Sam and Yeng a plate each. “Tara, kain na tayo. Nagugutom na rin ako.” Yaya nya sa dalawa. She filled the plates of the two with rice and then hers afterwards.

While eating, Sam never failed to attend to the two ladies. He made sure that the two would enjoy their lunch and even up to offering to debone the grilled fish and to peel the shrimps.

“Naku Sam, okay lang kami ni Yeng. We can manage. Kumain ka na rin, kita mo at di ka nakakakain nang maayos.” Sarah laughingly said.

“Oo nga Kuya Sam, kumain ka na rin. Kering keri na namin to ni Sars. Expert kami sa pagkain ng seafood!” – Yeng

“Hahaha, sorry. Eto na, kakain na.” Sam surrendered.

Sarah, upon seeing some sauce on Sam’s cheek (near his lips), she called his attention. “Sam, may sauce ka sa mukha.”

“Huh? Where?” Sam asked and tried to wipe it off his face.

“You missed it. Ako na.” Sarah offered. She raised her hand towards Sam’s faced and wiped the sauce off his cheek using her thumb. “There, wala na.”

Sam, stunned by Sarah’s simple gesture, simply stared back at her for several seconds and stuttered his “Thanks…”.

“Ayiiiieee! Ang sweet! Mahihimatay na ko sa kilig!” Yeng shrieked.

Upon hearing Yeng and realizing that they’ve been staring at each other for several seconds, Sam and Sarah’s faces turned beet red. Sarah immediately took back her hands and looked down at her plate, focusing on eating her plate’s contents even when she’s blushing. Sam, looking like he got out of a trance, turned to Yeng. Seeing Yeng’s teasing expression, he bowed his head as well and continued eating silently.

Hahahahaha! Sarap asarin ng dalawang to! All of a sudden, bestfriends na nila ang mga plato nila. Yeng mussed to herself. She wasn’t able to stop the outburst that she had just now. It just happened spontaneously. Di ko tuloy napigilan magreact at kiligin. Kayo ba naman makawitness ng na-witness ko. Ang sweet! Hahahaha! Now she’s enjoying the look on her friends’ faces, seeing them blush and all.