04; so much nope

a r e u m

"I think he likes you."

Processing...

...

...

ERROR: A malfunction occurred while processing.

I make a pained face, letting out a silent cry as my head hits the desk. Nope! Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, no-

"Earth to Areum??" Jun says, clicking his fingers in front of my face. "Are you okay? You look a little pale.."

"Does it look like I'm okay?!" I shout at him as soon as the teacher walks in.

"Kim Areum! Don't scream in my class!" He yells and I let out a quiet apology, my cheeks red. Oh my God, why am I so embarrassing? Not wanting to embarrass myself any longer, I kept silent through all of the day, only responding with one word or hand movements.

"C'mon~ Why aren't you speaking?" Jun whines as we walk together to my house since he needed some help with his homework. "Is it because of what I said earlier?" He asks and sees me scrunch my nose.

"Let's not talk about that." I mumble.

The way home was filled with Jun laughing - when is he ever not laughing? - and asking weird questions.

"Eomma! I'm home!" I shout as I open the door with the spare key that was hidden in the bush. I sigh and take my shoes off, leaving it on the shoe rack nearby.

"Areum? Is that you?" Someone calls out from the living room, entering the hallway.

My jaw dropped.

"O-Oppa?"

He laughs and opens his arms, waiting for a hug. Instantly, I sprinted towards him with full speed, jumping onto him.

"Why didn't you tell me you would be home?!" I shout at him and he flinches at my loudness.

"Heh, I wanted it to be a surprise for my baby sister." He laughs, pushing me off of him. Jun chuckles and does a handshake with my brother.

"Hey Mingyu, it's nice to see you again." Jun cracks a smile.

"The same for you, Jun. Has Areum behaved since I left?" His eyes wander to mine. Please.. Don't tell him about Seungkwan..

"Yeah, she's been a little more loud and more aggressive and she's met this guy on the internet named Seungkwan and he thinks that she loves him because I sent him a text saying that I loved him well it's not me that loves him it's Areum that loves him and-"

"Can you breathe, Jun? I cannot understand anything you're trying to say." Oppa laughs.

Jun obeys, taking in a deep breath. "Areum met a guy named Seungkwan on this app."

Mingyu looks at me with a stern look. "I told you not to make the same mistake again, Areum." He sighs.

"It's okay! Seriously, I'm fine." I smile. "Seungkwan isn't like him. He's different. So don't worry about me, okay?"

I grab Jun's arm and lead him up to my room, not wanting to continue with our conversation anymore.

"Are you okay, Areum?" Jun asks, putting his arm around my shoulder.

"I don't know. I guess. But seriously, sometimes Mingyu just gets so overprotective. I'm 17, not seven!" I complain.

"I know he was a little harsh on you but he cares about you, okay? We all do. Well, the people that know your secret. Which basically means me and your family. Yeah. Totally didn't make that awkward."

I laugh, leaning my head against his shoulder. "You tried, Jun. By the way, where's Minghao these days?"

He sighs and pouts. "Away. Dancing. Living a life. Without me."

"Well you've been pestering him since he transferred to our school, no wonder why he isn't talking to you." I reply.

"Yah! I've been pestering you since we were five and you haven't ditched me!" He whines and I put a finger against my lips.

"Let's just do our homework."