Departure

Little bubbles tickle my unconscious, drowning body, the slimy hand releases me. Arms wrap around my waist pulling up to the surface, the moonlight underwater touches my skin warming me slightly. We burst out of the water and soar through the night air. I jolt awake spitting out the water that filled my lungs, I gasp for air. I look around quickly then I look up, my brother holds me in place so I don't fall. He looks down at me and gives me a smile, I regain my sense of touch. I start to shake from the cold air that touches my wet skin, he flys down to the camp and sets me down against a tree handing me a blanket. I wrap the blanket around me, I instantly feel warm.
"Margaret, are you ok, are you hurt" my father says coming to me.
"I'm fine, just a bit wet though" I say with a sniffle, Jeremy walks over handing him a steaming bowl.
"Here, eat this" he says handing the bowl to me.
"Thank you, what is it" I ask stirring with a spoon.
"Chili" he says sitting down next to me, I scoop up a spoonful and put it in my mouth, the chili warms me. My father gets up and walks over to a log and sits down.
"Hi Margaret" Felix says sitting down next to me.
"Hi" I say putting another spoonful of chili in my mouth.
"Wanna go for a swim" he says nudging me.
"No" I reply staring down into the bowl.
"Ah come on, take a joke" he says making me smile a little, a tingling feeling in my wings making me stop half from putting another spoonful in my mouth. The tingling feel then turns to a pain like pins and needle, I drop the bowl next to me.
"What is it" Felix asks concerned.
"Jeremy" I say quietly at first.
"What" Felix says, my wings are now filled with searing pain, I start shaking.
"Jeremy" I yell, my brother looks over at me, his eyes widen at the site of my shaking body. He runs over to me, I feel sick.
"What" he says helping me up.
"My-wings-hurt" I say as it suddenly gets hard for me to breath, he throws the blanket off me and helps me walk into the forest.
"Where are we going" I say groaning in pain, we reach a cliff over looking a skull shaped rock. He lets go of me then backs up.
"You need to shake out your wings" he says, I slowly open my wings and flap them as hard as I can shaking all the water out of my white wings. When I'm done I look up at the sky to notice it's a full moon, reach for the necklace that's around my neck but it's not there. My body turns to a wolf and I lose control and the last thing I heard before that was Jeremy saying no.

Flash back
Screams fill the air as troops storm into our humble little town, I sit at the kitchen table working on homework about the history of humans unable to hear the screams outside. I glance out the window then I look back the witches are flying towards our town, I run to the bottom of the stairs.
"Mom, dad, the witches are coming" I say scared, my mother runs down the stairs and looks out the back window, movement out of the corner of my catches my attention. I pull back the dark purple curtain in the front to see humans in military uniforms marching down the cobble stone streets, my mother notices me looking in horror out the front window.
"Go get your brother, quickly" she says, I run outside to the back yard and grab my brothers hand digging him inside, I point out the front window watching his face go from confused to terrified. He pulls me up the stairs to our room, suddenly I hear the front door blast open.
"FBI" a man yells attempting to scare us and it worked, my brother shuts the door slowly trying make it seem like no one was home. We sit side by side leaning against the back wall. He plays with my side braid as we wait for them to leave, I hear their footsteps as they walk up the stairs. The door opens hitting the wall inside the room, turn and put my face on my brothers shoulder.
"Get up" the man with the gun says keeping his gun pointed at us, Jeremy wraps his arms around me lifting me up as he gets up. We follow the man out the bedroom door, down the stairs and out the front door. I look up to see a little girl who must've been four on her knees staring up at the guard in front of her, tears stream down her face as the man threatens to pull the trigger. I scan the rest of the kneeling town to find my mother, I can't find her. The man throws us down making us kneel, I land in a puddle soaking my new white dress that I got for my 16th birthday.
"Tell me where your leader is or IT dies" the guard in the front spits at us, no body answers. He pulls the trigger sending the bullet through the girls head, she falls to her side, lifeless.
"Nooo, my baby" a mother yells, we gasp at the sight of the little girl. Two more guards walk down the row stopping at my side, they drag me by the arms to the front, I spot my mother trying to blink away her tears. They throw me down in front of the guard ripping my dress on the stone street, he nods to the guard next to him who then takes out a whip, my hands are tied in the front preventing me from attacking. The whip smacks my back making me scream, it hits me again and again scaring my back. My black glasses fall off my face cracking the lens, the whip hits my back one last time.
"Don't hit her" an old lady's voice says behind me.
"Like we would listen to you, witch, this town is modern but living medieval and we can't have that so we are making you extinct" the guard says, the lady puts her hand on my shoulder healing my back but leaves the scares left by the whip.
"Well, I thought humans and what do you call us, wingers,  were together" my brother says behind me but when I turn around around the witch stands behind a boy that looks 17, he wears green and tall brown boots. My brother had a big scare across his face from when he fell asleep in a bears den, but this one that sounded like my brother didn't.
"Who might you be, Robin Hood, are you hear to steal from the rich and give to the poor" the guard says rudely.
"Ha, that's funny, I'm Peter, Peter Pan, the one that is super nice and friendly, but not nice and friendly more like dark and evil" the boy says.
"Oh, oh, then why don't you go run off with your Wendy and fight Captain Hook" the guard says.
"I'm not that one, think of me as your worst nightmare in human form" Peter says.
"Not scary h-" the guard get cut off cause the with used her magic to throw him back, I look at the guard then I look back behind me and Peter is gone. My brother runs to me cutting the rope.
"Are you ok" he says as my parents run up behind me, I nod and stand up. We start fighting back against the guards with sticks and rocks or anything we can find. My mother grabs me by the shoulders and brings back around a house.
"Be brave, run, and don't look back" my mother says giving me a slight nudge to the forest, in the background behind her I see my father slide across the street with a streak of blood, then my brother. My mother runs to check them but then she gets hit, I run as fast as I can into the birch forest. I stumble upon a little cottage at the edge of the woods, I knock on the door. A young girl about my age answers the door, she smiles and let's me in.
"Hi I'm Lily, what's your name" she asks pulling up a chair for me.
"I'm Margaret, Lily was my mothers name" I say, a gunshot rings out followed by my brothers deep scream. I look down at my hands and take a deep breath in.
"Who screamed, did you know him" she asks.
"He was my brother, now that I have no family left, can I stay here for a while" I ask.
"Yes, of course and I'm so sorry for your loss, let's get you cleaned up first before I show you where you'll be staying" she says walking me over to a bathroom handing me a long black dress.