I Gave Him Guitar Lessons

PICTURE OF SIENNA ON THE SIDE. :)

"We can't play for the school- they'll hate us!" Axel burst out. He was our band's drummer, and right now completely against the idea of us doing a jam session in front of the entire population of River Street High School.

We were in my room, discussing the assembly tomorrow which would surely result in failure.

"It's not like we have a choice," I reminded him, "The principal said we have to. Gotta fill up some more time in the assembly. But he's never even heard us, he thinks we're a classical band."

With our band's name being Rebellion Uninvited, I had no idea how he'd think that.

"Doesn't he get that no one at this damn school wants to hear rock? All anyone wants to hear nowadays is synth pop." Our backup guitarist, Griffin, sighed. Naturally I agreed with him; but the three guys in my band were about the only people in the world I got along with.

I turned to the band's bassist, Milo. Having a name like Milo got him problems everywhere, especially when we turned up at the police stations. They all thought he was joking and it took us ages to convince them that he was actually called Milo.

"I don't know, I guess we'll have to. Better bring armour or something. Okay, well, let's practice- Sienna, catch." Milo tossed me the mike and I caught it, starting to grin.

I really loved jamming with my band, they were not only my band members but also my best friends and loyal supporters in rebelling against modern teenage stuff. Yes, I was against every single trend- and I don't just mean fashion, although the only things I did wear were black ripped things and shirts that had swearwords on them- I rebelled against everything I could possibly rebel against.

"What song?" Griffin, Milo, and Axel all asked.

"Just Try To Kill Us!" I shouted as if it was obvious. All three guys grinned and we smashed into the song, Axel crashing the drums, Milo strumming away at his trusty old bass guitar, glasses slipping down his nose, and Griffin and I on the guitars.

"Just give up, just give up, you can't make it, you can't- JUST TRY TO KILL US." I finished the song with an extra loud chant, earning whoops from the guys and a shout to shut up from the apartment upstairs.

Everything had seemed absolutely fine, until three in the afternoon.

***

My mum was home from work; I knew this because the front door creaked and it was audible even in my room.

"Hey, mum." I shouted, leaping over our ancient cat, Mr. Cuddles and giving her a massive hug. She chuckled, hugging me back.

"Glad to see you still love me." She smiled, but her expression turned serious. "Honey, sit down."

Oh no. It was the old, honey, sit down. This couldn't be good. Heart racing, I pulled out a chair and perched on the end of it, waiting to hear what I'd screwed up in now.

"We can't pay off the rent as easily as we used to." My mum gulped, her lips doing that weird twitching thing they did when she was upset. "I'm not getting enough money at the cashier job."

"We're not MOVING, are we?" I almost screamed.

"No, no, we aren't." I breathed a sigh of relief, but it was short lived as I waited to hear my fate.

"We need to be getting more money; I barely make enough nowadays to keep you at that school and get you new guitar strings." My mum stared at me anxiously. "And speaking of your guitar, you're very good at it, aren't you?"

"Um, yeah, I guess." I'd played it since I got my hands on one, it was as if it was in my blood. "What does this have to do with the rent?"

Another twitch of the lips. Another nervous stare. My mum was really freaking me out now, what if we had to do community service? What if we had to go to a mental hospital or the YMCA? What if-

"Well, what would you say to giving guitar lessons at that school of yours?"

It was way worse than anything I'd ever imagined.

******************************************************************************

Hey guys, so, new story idea while I'm dealing with writers' block on The Werewolves of Redford :P This idea struck me as I was going to my piano lesson today, and since I've always wanted to be in a band I figured I'd write a story about it :) Comment, vote, fan, do it all cause you know you wanna.

Song of the chapter: Homecoming by Hey Monday. I absolutely LOVE Hey Monday, they're so inspirational and rocker and AWESOME and awesome... and awesome ;D

Anywho, adios.