Epilogue

(Two Years Later)

"Maggie, can you file Adam's information from today's session?"

I spun around in my chair just as Dr. Arrow walked out of his luxurious office with a charitable smile on his face. Quickly, I took the file from his hands and noticed the young man that walked past the doctor with his head down.

Adam was a regular at the Dr. Arrows office, being diagnosed with schizophrenia at a young age caused to him to exert social anxieties even when his medication kept him from having episodes

I knew not to bother him much, so with a smile on my face I let him quietly walk to the front of the desk. Going back to the computer, I brought up the scheduler, "I can schedule your next session for the 2nd of next month...in the mornings like always, how does that sound?"

Glancing over the desk, I noticed that the lobby was empty and the front door was soundlessly shutting as if someone had just left the office. My lip quirked, and I tried to keep the scowl from forming as I heard Dr. Arrow chuckle lightheartedly from the other room. "Still trying to get him to talk to you, Maggie?"

"He will break one day," I mumbled as I got up from the chair and took the file into the backroom where all the locked cabinets were.

I heard Dr. Arrow come out of his office once again, but with his jacket pulled on this time, "Maggie, that's very wishful thinking."

I sat back down at my computer, "Does he open up in his sessions?"

Dr. Arrow paused by my desk, "You know I can't answer that."

"Yes, doctor-patient confidentiality," I gave an exasperated sigh, daydreaming about the day I can finally be a psychologist, causing the doctor to crack a smile.

"One day, you will not be an intern."

Pausing, I realized that Dr. Arrow was now in the lobby, "Wait, where are you going?"

"I'm going out for an early lunch before my next session," he said simply and I looked at him like he was crazy but he brushed my look off, "Can I bring you back anything?"

"No, thank you. I will stall the client as best as I can before you get back..." I looked down at the clock on the computer noticing he had about a half an hour gap before his new patient. I knew the sandwich shop he went to was only a few blocks down the street, but he'd be lucky if there wasn't already a long line, "or I could go."

"No worries, this old man needs to stretch his legs once and a while!" Dr. Arrow jokingly moved his legs around and I shook my head smiling as I sat back down.

"There's nothing I can say to stop you then," I said and spun the chair to face the computer once again, "Have a great walk old man."

He left the room with a laugh, and I quickly grabbed the phone out its holder. I had been meaning to call some more clients to confirm their schedules tomorrow.

As much as I wished I could be doing the real deal, being just like Dr. Arrow, I knew I had a long way to go. Already in my second year in college, I practically jumped up and down at his offer to let me intern at his office last year.

My dad had completely turned around his behavior, and now allowed himself vacations from work every month. I was glad that my dad finally enjoyed life and stopped treating it like a punishment after my mom had passed away.

With my mind suddenly on my family, my gaze slipped past the computer screen to the small picture frame next to it; the very familiar picture that Foster had framed for me.

The picture frame used to stay next to my bed until I started working here. I found myself always wanting it next to me.

Foster...