Chapter 15 | Warm Scarves

In the passing days, Kyungsoo had a lot weighing on his little mind, a lot that he couldn't understand. 

He did understand that sex wasn't something that should be on his mind right now and he understood that mentally, and probably emotionally as well, he wasn't really all that prepared for it. What he couldn't seem to comprehend was why he was beginning to long for that kind of intimacy. The things he felt when he was beginning to feel about Jongin were making him more and more curious about this whole sex business and why it seemed like such a big deal. 

These feelings were making it hard for Kyungsoo to enjoy just simply being with Jongin, cuddle with him and hold hands with him without wondering what it would possibly be like to do something like that with him. Kyungsoo didn't fully understand what it meant to want someone like that, deep down he knew that he wanted Jongin and he wanted him bad.

This didn't seem to be the reality of Jongin, though, and Kyungsoo noticed it well. He was very good at reading people. At first, he thought that maybe the elder didn't want him in the way Kyungsoo wanted him. He knew he was old enough, but he also knew Jongin treated him an awful lot like a child. But Jongin had always been a sweet man to him, so he was not the type of person to be pushy or forceful. 

But regardless of the rationale, it flustered Kyungsoo as to how Jongin couldn't think about having sex with the person he called his boyfriend, whatever that meant because truthfully Kyungsoo still didn't know. If it was so normal for couples to have sex together, why didn't Jongin seem to want to with Kyungsoo?

"I'm home," Jongin announced as he shut the front door, hanging up his coat and setting his gym bag by it.

"Oh, thank god," Chanyeol said, groaning silently under his breath as he spoke and approached the younger, fully dressed as if he was going out. "You need to tell Luhan to let you leave on time. Some of us have lives, you know."

Jongin rolled his eyes. "Like you have a life," he said. "That's why you're living with me." Chanyeol only glared at him in response. "Where do you need to be that's so important anyway?"

"On this double date with my one friend," he answered in a slightly muffled voice, bending down to tie his shoes. "He thinks getting me a girlfriend will take my mind off of how shitty and pathetic my life is right now, but I think that as long as I get some action tonight I will be perfectly fine."

"Well, isn't that swell," Jongin said, unimpressed by his cousin's logic. "It's good to see your priorities are straight."

"You know it," replied Chanyeol, winking at the younger with no shame whatsoever as he stood up. "I don't know when I'll be back so don't wait up for me."

"I never do," Jongin said, only emitting a smug smirk and a quick goodbye from Chanyeol before he disappeared out the front door. Unleashing a small and light sigh, Jongin stepped down from the entryway and moved his eyes around as he tried to search for Kyungsoo, finding him laying in bed with his iPod only a minute or two later. "There you are," he said, smiling from ear to ear as he walked around to join the younger on the bed, startling him ever so slightly. "Why didn't you come greet me at the door?"

"Oh, I am sorry," Kyungsoo said, taking out the earbuds and laying them on the bed on top of the iPod. "I could not hear you with these ear thingies in." Jongin chuckled at that and kissed Kyungsoo's cheek, making the smaller smile at him faintly.

"So, since Chanyeol isn't going to be in tonight," Jongin started, taking Kyungsoo's hand in his, "I was thinking that we could go on a little date."

"A date?" Kyungsoo questioned in confusion. "What is a date?"

"It's something that couples do when they want to spend more time together," Jongin explained. "You know, with just the two of them and no one else." Kyungsoo smiled at the idea of that, although he would admit that he already spent a lot of time alone with Jongin. But he couldn't help that being with Jongin was his favorite pass time. "So, what do you say?" Jongin said, a hopeful grin painted on his lips. "Would you like to go on a date with me, Kyungsoo?"

Kyungsoo smiled widely and nodded, giggling a little. "Uh-huh," he answered, earning another chortle from him.

"Good," Jongin said as he scooted off the bed. "Just let me clean up from work and then we'll leave, okay?"

"Okay." Kyungsoo smiled.

"And make sure you dress warm," Jongin added, peeking his head back in the room after having left it. "I heard it might snow tonight."

"Really?!" Kyungsoo said, pure excitement spewing from his voice as he sat up erect. "I love snow!"

Jongin laughed. "Then you might just get lucky," he said, seeing one last bright smile from Kyungsoo before he went off to the bathroom.

*******

Kyungsoo's arm was linked around Jongin's as they strolled down the streets of the town, which were lit only by the fading light of the setting sun and white lights of lamp posts. There was no snow yet, but Kyungsoo was hoping that there would be soon; that was his favorite part about winter. Seeing the snow every year, no matter where he was, made Kyungsoo happy because it reminded him of his mother and how they would spend hours outside playing in the cold and fluffy snow, making snow angels, building snowmen, and having snowball fights. And the fact that he might be able to experience his favorite thing with his favorite person made Kyungsoo even more anxious to see those small snowflakes fall from the sky.

"Did you like the show, Soo?" asked Jongin after some minutes of silent walking had passed. Jongin took him to the annual holiday concert the town hosted, thinking it was perfect since Kyungsoo seemed to enjoy music.

"Yes, I did," Kyungsoo said, smiling brightly as he nodded at Jongin. "I liked it very much. I liked the songs, too. I knew them all. My mother played them all the time when I was little. Christmas was our favorite holiday." He smiled up at Jongin. "We stayed in and made cookies and hot chocolate and even decorated a tree. She would always let me put the angel on top of the tree, but I was too short so she had to lift me up. She said that the tree represented everything that made her happy and that the angel on top of it was me because I was the number one thing that made her happy. And that made me happy because I always wanted to make my mother happy. Just like how I always want to make you happy, Jongin."

Jongin smiled and pulled Kyungsoo deeper into his side. "You do make me happy, Soo," he said, his lips brushing against Kyungsoo's temple before he kissed it. "You make me so happy." Kyungsoo only grinned at that, burying his head into Jongin's body warmth. At one point, when Jongin felt Kyungsoo shiver, they stopped walking and he took his scarf off to give to Kyungsoo

"Thank you," Kyungsoo cooed, his eyes going shut blissfully. "I really like your scarf. It's so warm." Jongin smiled and pressed another sweet kiss to Kyungsoo's temple, squeezing his hand a little tighter as they continued on the path that would lead them back to their home. 

A/N

A rather boring, cute, fluffy, filler chapter, but I still liked it! :)

Thanks for reading and don't forget to shower this story with love!! Until tomorrow, my lovely readers, bye bye!! <3