Chapter Twenty-Eight

Mulai dari awal

Oh that did it. That statement snapped all of the restraint I had to put on myself. Anger boiled from somewhere within me. Anger towards Heidi. Anger towards Parker. Right now, in my fury, I would have believed anything that was said. I managed to get her close to the door before it swung open, and the devil himself entered.

I was momentarily caught off guard by seeing him, that Heidi took the chance to push me off her, and I stumbled backwards catching myself on the corner of a table that was pushed against the wall. That fall didn't hurt me. Seeing Parker run to Heidi and placing his arms around her was a stab through the heart. I watched through my suddenly blurred eyes as he placed one hand comfortingly against her tummy. 

"Are you all right?" He murmured to her rubbing the pregnant belly of his. 

Stab. Stab. Stab. 

"God Eleanor! You didn't have to be a monster and push me like that," Heidi whined glaring at me. "Parker, do you see what type of person you married?"

I stood up and waited for his answer. Parker's eyes finally landed on me. His wife. The one who was literally pushed not the other way around. Guilt and sorrow filled his eyes. He instantly retracted his arms from Heidi and began to walk towards me.

"Eleanor... Elle." He said his arms outstretched in front of him. "My cheríe."

"Don't you dare call me that," I hissed taking a step backward. How could he? How could he hurt me like this? "I'm not your Elle. I'm not your cheríe. I'm not your anything!" I shouted at his face. "Soon, I will be no longer your wife!" 

"Please Eleanor," he said pain flashing through his features and voice. He doesn't have the right to feel that way. was the one in pain. was the one hurting. Not him. "Don't say that. Let me explain."

I threw my hands up and laughed humorlessly. "Isn't that what they all say? That they can explain? But in the end, the truth stays. You lied to me."

Parker wrapped his arms around me even through my struggles on trying to get away from him. It was to no avail. He held onto my pretty tightly, resting his head on top of mine trying to calm me down. "I love you, Eleanor. You know that."

I shook my head. "I don't know if I do anymore."

"I wouldn't hurt you intentionally," Parker explained cupping my face in his hands. He padded his thumbs under my eyes, brushing away the tears that fell. "Please. Let me explain."

"What else is there to explain?" I asked blandly. "You cheated on me. You knocked her up. You're going to have to take responsibility of the child and marry Heidi. I get it. I'm out of the picture."

"No! You are not out of the picture. I love you and you're stuck with me if I can help it." He said stubbornly. "Cheat? I never cheated on you. I would never cheat on you. Where did you get that from?" I looked pointedly at Heidi. He sighed and hugged me to him. "I was hoping that you were a bit more prepared when we tell you this."

"Just tell me," I said finally out of his arms and walked into the formal living room in the adjacent room beside the foyer.

Heidi and Parker followed after me. Heidi with a knowing look. I took a seat in the smallest of the two love seats just so I wouldn't have to sit beside Parker. Although it didn't help as Parker took the remaining space besides me and held my hand in his. I scooted away to the other side slipping my hand out of his and clasped both of mine together. I could feel his eyes burning the side of my head wanting to make eye contact.

"Eleanor..." Parker pleaded. "Please look at me. Let us explain." I reluctantly looked at him and suddenly regretted it. His eyes were full of desperation and regret. I let my guards down a little which I shouldn't have if I wanted to stay strong.