Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

Parker's POV

"I love you." 

I jerked wide awake finding myself in the comfort of pillows and comforters surrounding me. Puzzled, I sat up looking around me. I found myself in Ellie's spare bedroom. Alone. Where was my sweet wife? Swinging my legs over the side of the bed, I ignored the pounding headache occurring. I heard laughter and voices coming from downstairs in the kitchen. 

"And my dear brother is finally awake," Ellie announced with a wink as I walked into the kitchen in my morning glory. She was in the middle of cooking something delicious on the stove in front of her.

"Daddy!" Peyton squealed walking on his legs slowly towards me. I grinned and bent down to pick him in my arms. "Morning!" He said unclear.

"Good morning buddy," I greeted him kissing the top of his head. I looked around the kitchen, my eyes landing on a beautiful morning Eleanor leaning across the counter. She looked at me with a shy smile on her face. "Hey." I said walking over to her. 

"Hey," she murmured back leaning into side as I wrapped the arm that wasn't holding Peyton around her. She pushed a pill of painkiller towards me on top of a napkin. "Thought this would help to get rid of your headache."

"Mm, thanks babe." I teased kissing her on the side of the head and popped it in my mouth. 

Ellie interrupted with a snort coming from her. "Oh please stop it. Parker, why didn't you tell Elle that your birthday was coming up in five days? The girl was bewildered when I mentioned it to her."

"Probably slipped my mind," I shrugged it off. "It's no big deal."

"Yes it is," the two ladies said simultaneously. My wife cracked a smile and continued. "I can't believe you didn't tell me."

I put down Peyton and grabbed an apple in the fruit bowl. "You would have found out on the day of."

Eleanor sighed and scooted closer to me. I instantly grabbed her in my arms loving the feel of it in the process. "You ready to go home?"

"I'm going to miss Milan," she admitted looking up at me through her elongated eyelashes. "It's a beautiful city."

"Feel free to visit any time!" My sister yelled out. "Don't even bother getting my brother's permission. I love having you here. It feels nice to finally have a sister."

I felt the vibration of Eleanor's chuckles against my chest. "I will. You should visit us too. I'm sure Agatha and Thomas would love to see you again."

"I'm planning on coming home for Christmas," Ellie stated turning around with a plate of bacon and eggs. "Breakfast anyone?"

Later in the day, the four of us: Luke, Peyton, Eleanor, and I were in the safety of my private jet making the short trip back to London. The boys were asleep on the bed, and Eleanor was still a bit uneasy. She sat in the seat beside me, clinging tightly to my arm during the take off. I chuckled at her reaction and held her in my arms throughout the flight. I didn't mind it one bit. Not with Eleanor, no.

When we landed Eleanor was still fast asleep in my arms. I hoisted her up and walked out of the plane with two men carrying Luke and Peyton right behind me. The feeling of being head of a family felt amazing. I had a sense of protectiveness towards them. They were my family. They were mine. 

An incoming text popped up on my phone with an unknown number.

I'm here. Where are you?