Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Eleanor's POV 

I let Summer give me a scolding, since I really owed it to her for keeping this from her. I was silently in front of her, not saying anything just letting her say what she wanted to say.

"Eleanor! Didn't I tell you? I wouldn't let you leave unless you are ready?" Summer furiously threw at me. "You didn't have to go and get married to the richest man alive just for that!"

"Summer, you don't understand!" I pleaded. "You don't understand the feeling of depending on a friend to provide you with food and a shelter. The guilt is eating me on the inside, Summer. It sucks knowing I can't give my boys what they need."

"So you're going to marry a rich guy just for the money?" She snapped. "That's a low blow for you, Eleanor. I never knew you were a gold-digger."

Her words cut me deep inside. I couldn't get mad at her for it though. It was true. I married Parker for the money. I couldn't believe I let this come to me. "I know. You're right."

Summer's face softened and pulled me in for a hug. "I'm sorry for snapping at you. I just... I wanted to help you. You've done so much for helping me be with Finn when I was stubborn. Now he's the best thing that's ever happened to me. I wanted the same for you."

I smiled sadly. "I'll be okay. I mean, hey, on the bright side. Someone actually wanted to marry me." I joked.

Summer laughed along with me. "He is an eye-catcher. One piece of a juicy hunk." I slapped her on the arm and laughed. "Maybe you'll learn to love him."

Oh that's impossible. Our deal was specifically to not love. "Maybe," was all I said. "Where are my boys? I have to pack their things."

"You're leaving tonight?" I nodded and sent her a silent message not to dwell on it. "Okay, I'll help you pack."

I went into the room I've been staying in. I found Peyton sleeping soundly, but Luke was sitting up rubbing his eyes with his hands. "Momma!" He squealed when he saw me. "Did you bring me a cookie again?"

My heart warmed at his greeting and picked him up, giving him a kiss on each of his chubby cheeks. "Hi sweetheart." I settled him back on the bed and said, "I'm sorry, mummy couldn't. You've had too many sugars, my angel."

He pouted and gave over and kissed me on the cheek. "What you doing?"

I took out the large suitcase I kept under the bed and zipped it open. I started putting in our clothes in there which barely fit. "Mum will explain everything later, okay?" I also grabbed their toys and put it in one of my larger purses. Parker told me earlier I didn't need to bring their baby things such as strollers and carseats. Summer helped me roll the suitcase out in the living room, while I carried the sleeping Peyton and Luke walking out with me. He held on to my hand tightly, confused as to what was happening. 

Finn and Parker were in a hearty conversation in the living room. My eyes met Parker's sparkling ones and his eyes dropped down to my two sons. The ones he did not want to be responsible for. That was fine with me. I didn't want my kids having a monster as their father.

"I guess this is goodbye," Summer broke the silence and hugged me tightly.

I hugged her back, careful not to crush Peyton between us. "I'll make sure to visit. I promise."

"I'll get the suitcase," Parker politely offered and was out of the place giving me a chance to say my goodbyes. 

I hugged Finn next in goodbye and faced the ones who helped in my time of need. "Thank you guys so much for letting me stay here and providing us with food. I don't know where I would be if it weren't for you guys. My boys probably would have been taken away from me." My eyes blurred in the presence of tears. "I promise I'll pay you guys back somehow."