7 | Cash, Debit, or Body?

"Out with it then? W-What are your demands?" I stuttered, looking uncomfortable, clearly not ready for his answer. But it was too late now, I was going to own up to whatever he asks of me and get on with my life.

"Oh?" He said with a hint of joy at this scene, "What do you think my demands are?"

"I have two mouths to feed and I can't afford to lose my education, scholarship, and my entire life because of this. So you're right, no matter what it's going to be my fault in court anyway, so I will do anything within boundaries to make amends for it." I said sincerely but with hints of anger towards the situation. Fortunately, he didn't seem to realize my tone, he looked too amused to care.

"You're a smart one," he replied.

"Yeah, so get on with what you want, let's just get it over with and I can repay you and never interfere with your lavish life again," I urged.

"You know you're the first person to want nothing to do with me," Hayden claimed, clearly surprised with my resolve.

"That's nice and all but you still haven't told me what you want," I urged.

"Why do you want to know so badly?" He asked, "you already know it's not going to be money so why are you so anxious right now?"

"I'm not anxious, who told you I-"

Without any realization, Hayden suddenly jumped out from his chair and pushed me backward into the bed. He managed to get ahold of me and press both my arms into the soft memory foam bed. His gaze locked on mine, every exhale had gently tickled my face. He was certainly smirking, as apparently, my shocked expression was that entertaining in his eyes.

I wonder what I looked like at the time for him to smile like that.

"You'd do anything?" He asked again, clearly expecting something interesting to come out of my mouth. I was surprised but clearly not amused, I didn't think he would do something like this either but it was ridiculous to think that Hayden actually thinks I'd play along in his stupid game.

"Who's the one seducing the other now?" I said blankly. "If you're smarter than a biscuit you would know that clearing an assault charge with another assault isn't how the legal system works."

"Way to ruin the mood, but that's not going to change that I'm still on top of you and I can actually do anything I want at this point, no?" He smiled devilishly.

"Uhm..." I gulped unwillingly in response. I had indulged so much into how he was pulling this stupid joke on me by attacking me that I didn't actually realize he was serious about me repaying him with my body until he mentioned it so casually.

And to that, I blushed, hard.

Hayden's smirk grew as he saw the progression of my emotions. I couldn't move nor say anything, it was like my body has a mind of its own. My surroundings were all irrelevant, it was just Hayden and myself alone in the dark. I had all these fears in my mind, he was on top of me and he lived alone, so who was going to rescue me?

What if he tries to trap me here as a slave? What if he's selling me to the human traffickers?

I didn't speak or struggle for what seemed like forever, all under the presumed fear that he may actually do something if I even flinch a muscle.

Hayden suddenly broke into laughter, lifted himself away, and stood back up. He was clearly having a damn field day.

"W-What the hell was the point of that," I blurted angrily, still slightly blushing from the extremely awkward situation.

"Nothing, there was no point, I just wanted to see how you'd react to that," Hayden sat back down casually and crossed his legs.

"It's not funny," I glared.

"It kinda was hilarious," he smirked, "I bet you actually thought I was going to make you pay like that."

"I did not," I argued, still slightly flushed.

"Oh, you definitely did," Hayden giggled.

"No!"

"You're a terrible liar," he laughed again.

"And you're pathetic for doing that," I said defensively, "I seriously was about to kick you where the sun doesn't shine."

"Honestly, there's no need to be so serious," Hayden responded, "but in all seriousness, it's getting late and you can sleep here tonight."

"Can? More like I am forced to sleep here tonight," I muttered under my breath.

"There's food in the fridge, the bathroom is behind the kitchen, what else do you need, woman?" He asked.

"Where will you sleep if I'm on your bed?"

"Oh-ho, the lady cares about my wellbeing."

"I'm just asking so you don't end up making me feel terrible tomorrow morning about taking your space or whatever, I never know with you rich people," I hastily explained.

"I have more than one bed obviously."

"Why do you need more than one bed?"

"If you want to know the answer to that I'd have to join you in bed," Hayden winked.

"Oh... Ew," I said in disgust, "I think I rather sleep on the floor."

"Are you twelve?" He rolled his eyes.

"No, I just have standards," I shrugged.

"Well relax, I'm kidding, these sheets get changed every day and I haven't slept in them."

"Of fucking course you have people cleaning and changing your sheets every day," I sneered.

"Just go to bed please you're giving me a headache at this point," Hayden buried his face in his palms.

"So what happens tomorrow?" I asked as I tuck myself in bed.

"I'm not going to sue, but we are going to find a repayment plan for you tomorrow," Hayden stood up, return the chair back to the table, and walked across the room quietly as he disappeared up the spiral stairs to the rooftop chamber, presumably his actual bedroom.

"Good night," he said.

"Night," I replied and turned away, now fully facing the night cityview from this highrise.

Perhaps it was the lack of lighting of the room that conveniently hid me in the dark, my face flushed red the rest of the night. I knew there was nobody watching me, but I felt more embarrassed than ever before.

I was sleeping in a stranger's bed, I'm wearing my maid outfit still, but it was so damn comfy.

I slowly fell asleep to the faint white noise of traffic and nightlife beneath me. At least tomorrow will be interesting, I gently reassured myself, hoping that I would sleep easy tonight.