3 | Strange Encounter

The elevator door slowly opened when it reached the thirtieth floor to reveal a single grand door that said apartment 3001. I gently swiped the security pad again with my access card and knocked out of courtesy. True to the rumours and Margaret's words, the whole floor was devoted to one apartment - in this case, an open space bachelor pad. The entire city skyline could be seen through the window, and it was a grand sight even from where I was standing.

"Sorry for the intrusion... Housekeeping."I said as I quietly invited myself in and observed my surroundings. The decor and furniture arrangement was composed of different shades of reds, blacks, pinks, corals, and whites. The place reminded me of an old aristocrat's chambers: the feminine decorations left no doubt that this was a female student's room.

"Who are you?" I jumped at the sound of a lady's voice and turned to her. The woman was a tall, slightly muscular strawberry blonde with a beautiful pair of deep green eyes. Her expression was filled with curiosity rather than anger or discontent, which gave me some relief. 

Seeing as she was only wearing a nightgown, I quickly looked down to apologize again, "Apologies miss, I'm one of the new nighttime janitors and I was told I would work on the bathrooms this evening. I hope I did not disturb your sleep?" I asked cautiously, reading her expressions by the second as I would hate to lose my job on the very first day.

"It's... Quite alright," she said with an unfazed expression on her face and continued, "I thought I strictly instructed Robert that only Lana was allowed on duty?"

"Is that so?" I asked, "if you wish for me to leave I can right away," I replied with respect, not wanting to anger her much further. "He didn't give me many instructions on who I shouldn't disturb."

"You're definitely too young to be doing this type of work," She responded observingly, looking at me up and down.

"Yeah, I'm probably about your age. My younger sister and I both attend this school, but I am one of the scholarship students at the university so I have to work part-time to pay the expenses they didn't cover," I explained embarrassingly.

Most people don't know about the scholarship students and I didn't like explaining my situation, but I was hoping she would let me off easy out of pity. It's worth a try, right?

Without pause, she asked, "What's your name?"

"Sienna, Sienna Hayes" I said while handing her my student card. She inspected it carefully, giving a long stare at my name.

"You should keep your head up, I don't bite," she responded warmly. she continued, "Nice to meet you, Sienna Hayes. I'm Geneva Hamilton."

Geneva Hamilton? That name sounded more familiar than it should, I thought to myself as I met her gaze. Where could I have met her? Either way, she was even more gorgeous up close, I didn't think that was possible.

"Take off your hideous janitor outfit first," she ordered, which made me almost drop my jaw a bit.

"Excuse me?" I asked in shock, I don't' think I was over how pretty she was and how she's literally asking me to strip in front of her. Shrugging off my thoughts internally, what was I thinking? I was definitely clothed under my jumpsuit?

"You heard me, drop that gross bucket and strip! We are all girls here, I just have a better outfit for you," she smiled angelically.

I unwillingly obeyed let go of my trolley, slowly turning my back to her and unzipping my jumpsuit.

"I don't think this was included in my job requirements," I said, stopping after I tucked my jumpsuit into the trolley bucket.

"Well, you get paid for not cleaning so I say it's a good deal," Geneva says half-laughing. "Go on, keep stripping!"