Chapter Thirty-Two "REUNION 2"

PICTURE ABOVE THORNE HAWKETHORNE

Chaos ensued as all the Hawkethorne men converged upon the den, even the triplets Ryker, Ryder and Rayne had come running at the sound of the protective shield being ripped apart. Their one thought, to protect their nephew Tristan.

For an eternal moment they were all caught in a frozen tableau as they stared in utter shock at the two very badly wounded and bloody men passed out on the floor in the middle of the Den. Cameron was the first to recover from his state of shock and he sprang into action moving quickly towards the two men, while yelling at Liam, "Liam, get Tristan out of here now!"

As Cameron raced over towards the two wounded men Hunter and Rafe both yelled out at their mate, "Cameron get away from them! It's dangerous!"

Cameron's reply was to yell back at them, "You two don't be stupid! Can't you see that they need our help! They're going to die if we don't help them! Now get over here and help me stop the bleeding!"

Hunter and Rafe was left with no choice but to rush forward to help Cameron in his efforts to save the two men. Cameron looked over his shoulder at the triplets. "Get me some towels and get the Doctor here now! We're going to need him." He said. The boys quickly ran to do as instructed. Every second counted if they were going to stand a snow ball's chance in hell of saving the two badly wounded men.

........................

Liam had immediately teleported out of the Den and to the Pool House. He appeared just in time to see a panicked Nick running down the stairs, his eyes blown wide with fear. The breaking of the protective shield had awoken him and alerted him and his dragon to danger. At the sight of Liam appearing with their son in his arms, Nick rushed them both, crushing them in his arms. "Thank God you two are alright. What's going on? Are we under attack? Is it my father? Who broke through the protection shield?"

Nicks' panicked questions tumbled out of him as he held on desperately to Liam and their son. Liam's' arm went around his mate and he began to rub Nick's back soothingly. "It's ok. Everything is alright." Liam said, trying to keep his own panic and fear out of his voice. After calming Nick down, Liam gently disengaged himself from his mate's arms and said, "Here, take Tristan. I have to go back up to the main house to check on things."

As Liam handed Tristan off to Nick and turned to leave, Nick reached out and grabbed his arm. Nick stared into Liam's eyes searchingly for a long moment before he said, "Please Liam, don't lie to me. Tell me the truth. What is going on? Who broke through the shield?"

Liam stared at Nick before he heaved a defeated sigh and answered, "We don't know. Two men came through. One severely wounded and unconscious. I doubt if he's going to make it. The other passed out after pleading for us to help them."

"Take me to them. I need to see them." Nick said.

"No Nick. We don't know anything about them and I don't want you or Tristan anywhere near them until we are certain that they don't pose a danger to you and our son." Liam was adamant about this. But something inside of Nick was telling him that he needed to see these men.

"Like you said, they're badly wounded and unlikely to make it. If that is the case they're going to need more than a Doctor. They're going need healing, which is a power that I have." Nick said, trying to persuade Liam to let him see the strangers. "If they die, we won't get any answers. Don't you want to know who they are and how they not only got here, but managed to break through our protective shield?"