Chapter Thirteen "BLOOD, SWEAT and TEARS"

Dedicated to NightRose75 for being the first to Read, Comment and Vote for Chapter 12 "SAVING LIAM"

Picture above Liam and Nicholai new born baby………

...............Third Person POV

With everything that was in him Nicholai held onto Liam's life force. The effort that it took to hold on, not only drained him physically, but mentally as well. His body shook, and he trembled violently as the painful shock waves of electricity wracked his body endlessly. The light from Liam's life force intensified and pulsed with the rhythmic beat of his own heart, syncing perfectly.

A mixture of blood and sweat broke out on his forehead, running heedlessly down his face, mingling with his tears of pain as the burn in his hands became excruciating. Yet he didn't let go, he was determined to save his mate. His strength and powers were being sapped, the effort to hold on to Liam's life force brought him to his knees. His mouth opened wide on a silent scream. A scream born of pain, heartbreak, love, hope and sheer will to save the man that he hated, yet loved even more.

.......................................

As Nicholai fought to save Liam, the doctors were fighting to save their son. With quick efficient movements the doctors prepped Nicholai for surgery. As they prepared to cut into Nicholai the monitors started crashing and flat lining. The head of the medical team screamed out "He's crashing!! We need to get the baby out now!! The baby has gone into distress!!!"

The doctors increased there pace and without even any local anesthesia, he sliced into Nicholai with one swift, smooth, practiced and efficient movement of his wrist. He could not afford to let this baby die. He could hear Hunter, Rafe, Cameron and the others banging on the glass, demanding to know what was going on. They could all hear the monitors beeping frantically.

Everyone one was panicking. Hunter and Rafe especially. Without any further thought Hunter ripped the door off and with Rafe hot on his heals dashed into the room just as the doctor pulled the baby from Nicholai's body. "He's not breathing!!" The doctor yelled out. Hunter felt his heart stop. They all did. They couldn't lose the baby.

Hunter screamed out "You have to save him!!" as Hunter made to grab the doctor, Rafe wrapped his arms around his body, restraining him and holding him in place. "Let them do their job Hunter!! Us panicking and interfering isn't going to help." Rafe tried desperately to get Hunter to see reason.

"No!!. That's our grandson! That's Liam's baby! He must survive!" Hunter was beside himself as he strained against Rafe's hold on him. All he could see was Liam, a broken little boy, his son that he could not protect and save from the horrors that he went through. All that he could think about was protecting and saving Liam's son, even though he hadn't been able to save Liam.

Cameron joined them, after telling Blake and Blair to take the younger kids back upstairs. He didn't want them any more traumatized than they already were. Together the three of them stood there and watched as the doctors worked on the baby and Nicholai.

The team of doctors had to be split in two. As some gathered around the baby to save him things got even more complicated with Nicholai. " His hearts' stopped. Get those paddles ready now!!"

"Doctor!! He's going to bleed out!! He isn't healing!!" Some one shouted. The doctors worked as fast as they could to try and stabilize Nicholai. But everything seemed to be going wrong. It was as if his dragon powers had suddenly disappeared all together and he was nothing but human. Then Nicholai started thrashing on the hospital bed. He's seizing!! We're gonna lose him!!"