Chapter Eleven "RESCUED"

Pic of Vlad above

Nicholai's POV..................

I shot up out of the bed, my heart racing frantically as I screamed the name of my mate "Liammmm!!!!"

I clutched my stomach as a vicious pain suddenly tore through me. However I continued to scream Liam's name, ignoring the pain, pushing it aside. My screams echoed throughtout the room and suddenly the bedroom door burst opened. I could hear footsteps running, voices calling out to me trying to get my attention. I felt arms grabbing at me, but I fought them away as I continued to scream the name of my mate. My eyes sightless, staring at nothing, yet seeing everything. I could both feel and see Liam slipping away from me, he was dying.

A/N............ I think the rest of this chapter would be best from a Third Person POV, so enjoy.

The sound of Nicks' screams reverberated throughout the entire mansion, waking everyone. "Oh shit!!" Rafe, Hunter and Cameron were the first to react as the screams echoed through the monitor in their bedroom. They leapt out of bed and sparing no time to dress properly, just pulled on some pants and raced out of the room at a dead run. Each one of them very much afraid of what could be causing Nick to scream like that.

They were met by Vlad at Liams' bedroom door. Nick had insisted on staying in it, even though the room was the furthest away from everyone elses. Together all four men burst through the door in a panic. The sight that greeted them had them stumbling in their step.

Nick was sitting up in the bed staring sightlessly out into space at nothing and screaming Liams' name, his arms reaching out as if to hold unto something that only he could see. "We have to wake him up, he's dreaming" Cameron said.

"No. It's something more than that. Something is very wrong with Liam. He can feel it, maybe even see it. There connection is very strong." Vlad replied gravely. "We have to get him to calm down so that he can tell us."

Cautiously Hunter and Rafe approached the bed. A crowd had gathered at the bedroom door by this point. Blake and Blair were holding unto their younger brothers as worry for Nick and the baby washed through them all. They had all come to love Nick very much in his short stay with them.

As Hunter and Rafe took hold of Nick, he started to to fight them off, batting away at their hands. "No, no no no no. You have to let me go. I have to save him. He is going to die!" Nick was babbling hysterically and refusing their help, all he could see was Liam passed out on the bed and slowly slipping away. Hunter's eyes met Rafe's over Nick's trashing body, alarmed at what Nick was saying.

"Get the Doctor in here now!" Hunter bellowed over his shoulder. Blake was the first to react, quickly running over to the phone and calling the specialist that Hunter had on call to attend to Nick in the case of an emergency. While Blake made the call, Hunter turned to Vlad and asked urgently, "Can you connect with him mentally? Link with him and see if you can pinpoint were Liam is."

Vlad came over to the bed and held Nicks' trashing head. It was all that the three of them could do to pin him down. He was that strong. "Hold him. I need to concentrate" Vlad gritted out. While Rafe and Hunter struggled to hold Nick as still as possible while trying not to hurt him, Vlad placed his forehead against Nicks' and forced his way into his mind, breaking through his mental barriers.

The sudden invasion of his mind had Nick screaming again. It took Vlad mere moments to find what he was looking for. What he saw left him cold. As he pulled back from Nicks' mind, Nick slumped in the arms of Hunter and Rafe, saying over and over again "You have to save him. You have to save him."

Vlad got off the bed and stumbled a little, his mind wracked by the images of his grandson that he had gotten from Nick. "Dad. What did you see? What is going on with Liam?!" Rafes' voice was filled with worry and urgency. Vlads' eyes came up and met those of his son and Hunter. Rafe choked out loud, shaking his head in denial at the look in his fathers' eyes, "No, no, no. He can't be dead."

Shocked gasps reverberated around the room and Blair let out a strangled cry, burying her face in the shoulder of her twin brother Blake. The younger boys started to cry, at the thought of losing Liam.

"He's not dead yet son. But we have to get to him now!" Vlad stated, at that moment the doctor and his team burst through the throng of people gathered in the room and rushed over to the bed. As he threw back the covers off of Nick, all in the room gasped out loud. He was bleeding, clearly in the midst of a miscarriage.

"All of you out now!!" The doctor yelled, as he quickly got to work on Nick, who had passed out, either from exhaustion or the rapid blood loss.

Everyone scrambled out of the room, except Rafe, Hunter, Cameron and Vlad. They were not about to leave Nicks' side. As they watched the doctors try to save Nick and the baby, their loyalties were torn. Both Nick and Liam needed them and it was a difficult decision as to who needed them more.

"I'll go get Liam" Vlad spoke up. "You three stay here with Nick. Make sure he and the baby make it through this." His voice brook no arguments. "Will you make it in time?" Cameron questioned worriedly, never taking his eyes off the bed were Nick was fighting for both the life of his unborn child and his own.

"I can only pray that I do." Vlad whispered, before turning and walking away with determined strides out of the room.

The others turned back their attention to the bed, praying fervently that the two boys that they all love, would make it through the night.

..............................

Vlad exited the mansion, his face set, his strides filled with an inner rage that he dared not lose control off. Both his grandson, grandson-in-law and his great grandson were fighting for their lives. For the second time in his extremely long life, he felt helpless, impotent and utterly useless. What good was it to control so much power, yet when the people that you loved needed you the most, there was nothing that you could do to save them, to help them.

Vlad's angry strides took him out to the back garden, there he brought to the forefront of his mind the image of Liam that he had pulled from Nicks' mind. Vlad concentrated, pushing aside his anger, he couldn't allow it to distract him, because if he missed his aim by a second or a metre, Liam would die.

Pulling his power around him, Vlad concentrated on where he needed to go, and using the magic of the Rhytis he teleported, moving laterally through time in a desperate race to save his grandson, even though he didn't want to be saved.

When Vlad opened up his eyes next, he was standing in the middle of the filthy motel room. His heart bled as he looked down at Liam, lost in a drugged out stupor barely breathing. Vlad rushed over to him and scooped him up into his arms, tears that he didn't even know he was shedding falling unto Liams' cheeks. Vlad wiped his tears away as he hugged Liam to him"I've got you baby boy. Grandpa is here. You're going to be alright." Vlad whispered to an unreponsive Liam as he brushed his limp hair away from his sweaty face.

Vlad kissed Liam's forehead and squeezing his eyes closed he once again used the magic of the Rhytis and he teleported them both out of the hell hole that had become Liams' life.

Vlad didn't take Liam back to Hawethorne Mansion. Instead he took him to the Vanguards. An ancient order of supernatural warriors hidden high up in the Carpathian mountains. They were dedicated to the development of self and the protection of both supernaturals and humans alike. They had been the ones to save him when he had lost his way after the death of his wife and true mate.

He prayed fervently that they would be able to save Liam as well.