Chapter 9: Terrible News...

I sat and watched the news the next day after the weird encounter.

"We found and killed the very first werewolf, will there be more...?"

I turned off the TV whilst thinking about her. They got her. There was a knock on my door and to my surprise, it was Wade.

"Oh thank god you're safe!" he said sighing in relief.

"Why do you care?"

"I didn't want my best friend to die!" Wade smiled slightly.

"You forgive me for doing this?" I asked.

I looked down, thinking about that girl. How? When? Questions flooded your mind.

"Of course I forgive you! Bob did something that brought Molly back!"

I looked at him with a puzzled look. Wait what? Questions poured in my mind again.

I was so out of focus that I didn't hear Wade asking me if I'm paying attention.

He clicked his fingers in front of my face.

"Earth to Mark, you here?" he chuckled.

I nodded.

"Sorry"

"Its okay. So like I was saying, we need to hide you in case they find and kill you!"

"Where am I gonna hide?" I asked.

"I don't know yet, I'll call you if we find a place. I need to go, bye."

He hurried out, closing the door carefully behind him. What was that all about I silently questioned myself.

I felt a transformation coming. It hit me like a brick. I fell onto the floor and transformed quickly, feeling unusually calm.

I stayed in my house, locking doors and windows. I saw the cellar door glaring at me.

I opened it and want inside. Huge barrels of wine were lined up like soldiers. A small tatted flag was still hung.

I saw light everywhere; they were shimmering on the wine-spilled floor.

I saw different paths going left, right and forward. Where were they going to lead me?

There were darkness blocking the end of the narrow corridors. I decided to explore and I went forward. Surely nothing can go wrong....