"We've renewed all alliances from past generations" Caleb stated. Honestly, I was impressed. Most packs only have a handful of allies; we definitely have more than a handful. I closed the folder and handed it back to Caleb. "So, what did you need?" he asked as he slid the folder neatly into his drawer.

I slowly swung my legs back and forth, careful not to kick his desk. My body was all healed, but I was slightly aching in some places. My nervousness increased as thought about being Luna sifted through my mind. What if I'm really not good at being Luna? Maybe the job just isn't for me. "Piper?" Looking up, I saw Caleb standing directly in front of me with a worried expression on his face.

Giving him a small smile, I wrapped my arms around his waist to ease his worry. His arms immediately went around my back as he pulled me closer. Caleb kissed the top of my head while softly stroking my hair a few times. We silently had our arms wrapped around on another as he waited patiently for me to speak. "Can we have the Luna ceremony this week?" I asked quietly. The fact that Caleb didn't say anything made me even more nervous, and I didn't think that was possible.

Frowning, I dropped my arms and pulled away from him. I didn't dare to look into his eyes. I knew it was a stupid idea. He doesn't think that I would be a good Luna. I don't even know why I thought that I could be a good Luna. I can't even be an okay Luna. Suddenly, I found my face being lifted up from my chin.

Caleb searched my eyes before his lips curved down into a frown. "What's wrong?" he asked softly as he ran his hands up and down my arms in attempt to soothe me. Not wanting to be comforted by him, I shook his hands away from me. He just pities me because we both know that I won't be a good Luna. "What did I do?" he inquired while taking a step away from me.

Using the distance between us, I hopped off the desk to leave. I would answer his questioned, but I couldn't trust myself to talk without my voice cracking. I made it all the way to the door, when my mate stopped me. "What just happened?" Caleb blurted as he caught my wrist in his hand.

I threw my hands up to get his grip off of me. "I don't know!" I shouted angrily and hurt- but more hurt than angry. "I only asked a question. If you thought that I wouldn't be a good Luna, you could've just said something! I don't even know why I thought it was a good idea" I wiped away the tears that started falling from my face.

Before I had the chance to leave, Caleb cradled my face in his hands and wiped away my tears. "I don't think you're gonna be a good Luna" he admitted. "I know that you're gonna be an amazing Luna. You're strong. You care about this whole pack. People here look up to you. Never for one second think that you're anything other than the perfect Luna" he said sternly.

Nodding, I wiped my face and sniffled. "Why didn't you say that before?" I muttered. We could've just avoided this whole thing.

"I was just surprised. I thought that you would want to wait a few months after that..." he trailed off. I knew he was talking about the battle or war- whatever you want to call it. "Are you sure you want it this week?" Caleb asked.

I nodded my head in confirmation. You know what they say, 'better sooner than later'. Once my head stopped moving, Caleb pressed his lips to mine. The sparks that ignited on my lips surprised me. I wasn't used to kissing him. One of his hands stayed on my cheek while the other went down to my back as he pulled my body into his.

Slowly, my arms made their way around his neck. I pulled him closer to me, making him smile against my lips. The feeling made me laugh as I pulled away. "Three days" Caleb said. I looked up at him with my arms loosely around his neck. "The ceremony will be in three days" It would be impossible for the smile on my face to be bigger.

I pecked his lips before moving out of his arms. "There's some things I wanted to do today" I informed him. Caleb frowned at me. I kissed him again, effectively making his frown disappear. "We can have lunch together" I offered with a small smile. My mate didn't hesitate to nod his head. I gave him a quick hug before leaving his office.