Chapter 5 - Caught On A Dragon

Your POV- Y/N

I was lying next to Toothless in the crater that morning after our big flight. We practiced a few times after that and almost perfected it. The vikings from yesterday where nowhere to be seen i think we had just about escaped them. I still worried if they would tell my Dad the Chief that they saw me on the back of a dragon then we would be in big trouble. Food was caught by either me or Toothless in the river nearby surrounded by about 5 trees. The peaceful day led to not so peaceful later. I lay there next to Toothless in the shade of a tree not knowing what was happening next. Then right next to Toothless on the tree an arrow shot just missing him. "Ugh missed",A voice above the crater spoke.

"Watch and learn this is how a viking shoots his crossbow", Dad said in the distance, "wait Y/N".

I gasped at the moment and looked around and my dad and his army stood there looking in bewilderment. The silence was long until it was broke with my dad shouting at me for hanging out with one of the most dangerous dragons in the whole world. I sighed in disapointment and looked down at the dirty ground below.

"Why are you sitting with a dragon actually i should say a blood thirsty rugged dirty beast. This is not what you want Y/N now let us shoot that dragon and you will be safe".

"Dad i dont need to be saved step back dad he is my best friend and i trust him and he trusts me it is you  who kills them not they that kill you", I shouted back at him angrily. I stepped onto the pedals of Toothless's saddle and pulled my self up."What are you doing Y/N get off that rugged beast". I ignored him and stepped his tail fin into place. We got into position hooked us up and flew high up above the low clouds out of sight. I felt relaxed in the air and pushed the handle bars down and lay down on Toothless's back. I punched the air screaming with tears running down my cheek at the thought of Toothless's near death bye my own dad. Toothless's growled sadly trying to cheer me up but this was just to bad. Then  i saw a familiar sight a net with boulders tied round the edges then there it was again. i was knocked out so i could not control Toothless so we fell to the ground slowly.