He stops, "Then next thing I woke up in a stinking bathroom cubicle." He looks over at me, "That's all I remember, Tan." He puts his hand on his chest, "Hand on heart.

Staring out the window, rationale thoughts race through my head and I speak them out loud, "You've never had alcohol in your life. I counted four pints of beer when you were talking, that's enough to floor a regular drinker. How could you have knocked out a guy and had sex with a girl, when you couldn't even stand on your own two feet," I say, turning to look at Kade.

He's sitting cross-legged on the bed, beaming, "They're trying their damndest to split us, drive a wedge between us, it's personal, isn't it?" He asks.

I nod, "They know how much my carrying another man's child would hurt you, and how much you having a child with another girl would hurt me. Hurting us is running parallel with their Imp campaign."

Sitting on the bed, I say, "We're getting real good at figuring out their tactics, but they scored a little victory today."

"What was that?"

"That was the first time we didn't have our post lovemaking shower, together," I say.

Kade looks surprised, "You're so right. I was about to join you, but made the mistake of switching on the TV," he says.

He grabs my hand and pulls me toward the bathroom, "We're righting that wrong, right now!" He says.

......

Afterwards we dress, casually in jeans and t-shirts, "Are you ok?" Asks Kade, with a wary worry, still in his voice.

"Yes, why'd you ask?"

"You were real quiet in the shower, but I could hear your mind whirring."

"That's right, something niggling my mind, something that's bothering me after our talk earlier."

He's immediately defensive; "You don't still think I had sex with that girl, do you?"

"Not at all." I sit on the bed, "I realized that we both have memory blanks at around the same time, for the same time." He joins me on the bed, "You're so right. Like I calculate twelve hours that I can't account for," he says.

I cut in, "And I have no recollection of the journey to Chicago, which would have taken an average of twelve hours," I say.

I feel my face darken and Kade responds to it, "What you thinking?"

"I fear they've done something to us. Twelve hours, they're not going to waste such valuable time, are they?"

"Kade stands up, his hands roam over his body, and across his chest, as if he's searching for something, "No, they're not gonna waste that time, especially when they have us out for the count," he says.

The worry on his face both saddens and angers me, "Maybe Drew can shed some light on our fears, tomorrow. Right now, let's not worry about what we don't know," I say, reassuringly.

Kade's face softens and smiles, Let's go somewhere awesome for dinner," he suggests.

......

As we're about to leave, my cell rings, it's Kelly.

I speak with her while Kade brushes his teeth.

......

"I heard you say to Kelly, 'that sounds weird' what sounds weird?" Asks Kade, checking his hair in the closet mirror.

I chuckle, Troy and Kelly are on the way back to The Hospital, to play with your Doll."

"That's beyond weird. Still, it's good they got one. She say anything else?" He asks.