Chapter 7: Halifax, Here We Come!

Start from the beginning

Once we were out, I saw Drake and his family also getting out of their house and he smiled at me when he looked at me. Then, his expression turned to confusion and suspicion when he saw the four boys behind me.

Why did I forget that he lives just across me? I should've thought things through first. Why did I even forget to ask them what time they're going to leave? I should've been able to prevent this from happening.

Drake said something to his parents and he came near me. My eyes widened and I turned back to face four boys looking at me with curiosity. I closed my eyes and silently hoped that he wouldn't continue making his way towards me. But, of course, fate has other plans.

I felt someone tap my shoulder and my eyes snapped open, making me freeze in my place. Then, I heard a chuckle behind me and I mentally curse.

Fate, why do you have to be so mean to me?

"Ams, you should really stop stiffening. You always do that after that incident when you were with. . ." He trailed off and I turned around, ignoring the boys' curious looks. Drake was clenching his fists and he looked he was ready to kill someone.

I sighed and said, "Just let it go, Drake. What happened a year and a half ago was nothing anyway."

Once I said the word 'nothing', I felt a pang of hurt in my chest, making my stomach churn in nervousness and betrayal. If I knew that was going to happen, I wouldn't have done what I did in the first place. It only caused me pain, sadness and depression. Even though that was a long time ago, every night, I would still wish that what I saw never what happened and that I never even agreed to do what they told me to do. It was stupid and idiotic.

Drake closed his eyes for a brief moment and peered his eyes open, showing betrayal, anger and hurt. Of course he feels hurt and betrayal. The person who hurt me, made me feel like crap, and broke my heart in a million pieces was his best friend anyway.

"Just forget about it." I said and he sighed loudly.

"Fine!" He said angrily and I chuckled.

"Kids, it's time to go." Auntie said and her head snapped in Drake's direction, smiling at him warmly.

"Hello, Drake." She greeted and Drake smiled at her.

"Good morning, Mrs. Martins." He said and Auntie frowned at him.

"Dear, like I said, you can call me Emerald." She said and he chuckled.

"Alright." He replied and she smiled, turning her head back to us.

"Kids, it's time to go." She said again and we nodded, making her get inside the car.

"Hey idiot! Time to go!" Emma, Drake's older sister said, making Drake glare at her.

"Alright. On my way, stupid!" He replied and she rolled her eyes, her gaze landing on me.

"Hey Amber!" She greeted with a smile and I smiled back.

"Hey Em!" I replied and she went inside their car. Drake turned to me, crossing his arms and frowning.

"How could you like my stupid, pathetic and tomboy-ish sister?" He asked and I laughed.

"She's awesome!" I replied and he rolled his eyes.

"Hey dweeb! Mum said that if you don't come here in the next five minutes, we're leaving without you! Besides, you can spend time with your girlfriend and flirt with her all you want when we come back." Emma said and my jaw dropped.

"Oh my God! Why does she always think that?" I exclaimed and he just laughed at me.

I chuckled and he said, "Anyway, bye Ams!"

"Bye!" I said and he pulled me in for a hug. I hugged him back with the same force and I can feel him smile. When we pulled away, he kissed my forehead and said bye one last time before getting inside their car.

I watched their car drive away until it was nowhere to be seen and I turned to look at the four boys raising their eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes at them and went inside the car. They followed my actions and also went inside the car. Once Chase closed the door, uncle drove off and we made our way to the airport.

"Amber, I don't understand why you're not with Drake yet. The two of you look so cute together!" Auntie gushed, making my eyes turn wide and jaw dropped to the floor, Aiden choke on the water he's drinking, Austin rubbing Aiden's back to calm him down and making Zyljan and Chase stop whatever they're doing.

"Auntie, we're just—" I said, but got cut off by an annoying person.

"Yeah Ams, why aren't the two of you together yet? You'd make a perfect couple." Jessica said and I glared at her. If I was only glaring at her, then the boys were throwing daggers at her.

"No, they won't." Austin retorted and she rolled her eyes at him.

"And why is that, Mr. Over-protective-cousin-of-ours?" She asked and I turned to look at Austin.

"Because we didn't allow her to and she still needs our permission if she wants to date. And also that Drake guy. He also needs our permission of he wants to date our little sister." Zyljan answered for Austin and I rolled my eyes.

Sometimes, I just hate how over-protective they are.

"Stupid over-protective morons." I mumbled under my breath and Jessica chuckled beside me.

"Boys, you should let your sister decide her own decision. She's old enough to date anyway." Auntie said with a sigh.

"Yeah!" Jessica and I said in unison, prolonging the word. They only glared at us in response.

"But for us she's not." Aiden answered and I crossed my arms. What am I? A kid?

"So when will you let me date? After I get married?" I replied sarcastically and Jessica smirked beside me.

"Yup!" They replied and I laughed.

"Oh. So I have to get married first, then I can date?" I asked and they nodded their heads stupidly.

"Oh! Then if that's the case, I'll call Drake now and tell him to marry me. Then, after a few days, we'll file a divorce then I can date anyone I like!" I said and their eyes widened when I said that.

"What? No! We didn't tell you that!" Zyljan said and I laughed.

"But you said yes when I asked you that." I reasoned out and they scoffed.

"You guys are so stupid." Mike said, speaking for the first time. We laughed while the boys just sulked in their seats.

I think Halifax is going to be fun. Especially if Grandpa gets to live.

Halifax, here we come!