Chapter Twenty Two

A/N: IM SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING THIS IN 3 FREAKING MONTHS IM SUCH A HORRIBLE AUTHOR PLZ FORGIVE ME

A waterfall left the room with them, coating the entire hall floor in a thin layer of water. That was about two hours ago, and Lar and Lizz were almost completely dried now, "Do you even know where we're going?"

"Away," Lar poked his head around the corner, "Coast clear. C'mon."

To Lizz it looked as if Lar was simply wandering around through dark halls to find his way out, the way that... She did things. On the fly. Winging it. After another ten minutes of aimless roaming and Lizz stopped, smoothing out her dress before it fanned out, "Dude, we're lost."

"We're not lost," Lar snapped, "I know exactly where we are." 

"Oh yeah, then where are we?"

"Floor... Seven."

Lizz sighed, "No, you idiot, we're on ground level. The main lobby is off to our left, and really? The floor sign is right next to your head. Honestly, that was just a test of knowing your surroundings. And you failed. Miserably."

She motioned for him to follow her out into the lobby, and the two were met with robotic carnage. All the nindroids, save for Mindroid and General...

Kozu....? Cryptor, Lizz reminded herself, Kozu was the Stone dude with four arms.

All the Droids save for Mindroid and General Cryptor were completely dismembered, parts and wires and various oils were scattered and leaking everywhere. Pythor, Cryptor and Mindroid were being held captive by Jay and Zane, being questioned by Cole.

Griffin was in the corner with Ash, helping him bind a large split through Ash's right ankle, and he was cursing at Griffin. Lizz ran her eyes over the others. From the looks of it they all had very minor injuries, various cuts and bruises over their hands, faces and necks. Expect for Zane, of course.

The left arm on Kai's Gi was ripped open, peeling down to show off his entire bicep. Which, Lizz noticed, had already been wrapped with white gauze, now red with old and fresh blood. He must have ripped open a wound when fighting. Either that or he was cut again. She thought, watching him closely. It was like everything around her was slowed down. After-Battle buzz. Pretty much the same thing as During-Battle buzz, only your senses are fading, not heightening.

Kai's head turned to look at the two newcomers into the room, and then, he was no longer moving in slow-motion, "Lizz! Get away from him!"

"What? Why?" she questioned, but then actually turned to get the first good look at Lar all night, jolting her into reality, "Lar!? You're-You're-"

"Half robot, I know," he sighed, "You don't have to remind me." The left half of his face was chrome, his unruly hair being unwillingly flattened by the silver plating that covered his eye, that was now red, and ran back behind his head, most likely attaching to his robotic arm, "I didn't want to tell you."

She didn't respond. She couldn't. Her voice was on vacation. But, alas, she wouldn't have had a chance to say anything anyway, because Kai was at her side, brandishing a sword, "Back up and I'll consider not laying into you."

A flash of white and Griffin was between Kai and Lar, "Back off, Sparky. He did nothing wrong."

"How do you know, Griffin?!" Kai snapped, "From where I was standing it looked as if he was taking her in here to the rest of them so she could be killed!"

"Always so quick to judge," Ash appeared, materializing out of a cloud of smoke for a dramatic entrance, "Old habits die hard, do they?"

"Says you," Kai glared.

Lar took a step up, to be in line with Griffin and Ash, "Good to see you guys again, though under these circumstances... Not so much," he whispered, "How's Neuro?"

Griffin smiled, "He's gimpy, but he's alive."

Lar nodded and turned his unreadable gaze on Kai, "As for you, Kai, I helped her escape the room they locked her in. We were going to leave, I was going to help get her to safety."

"You're not under His control?" Lizz asked, gently, stepping around Kai and closer to Lar, "How?"

"The brainwashing didn't work because I still have my legs," Lar told her gently, "It only worked on Cyrus because he had his Spider-Legs he created for himself to get around, a piece of technology that The Overlord could be in. I'm not technology, so they simply did... this to me for payback and chucked me in a jail cell."

Ash sighed, "Is there any way we can undo the damage they did?"

"Only they can."

"Jammit," Lizz snapped her fingers, "This sucks."

"Yeah it does," Lar agreed.

Kai facepalmed, "Alright, guys, I'm going to take Lizz-"

"Nowhere," Lizz cut in, "You are going to take me nowhere, Kai," she grabbed two fistfuls of her hair, growled and turned slowly in a circle twice before releasing her hair and glaring at Kai, "Urrghh I am not made of glass. I can take care of myself."

He reached out for her, but she was already gone.

*.* 

Yeah, don't hate me too much, please. I know I deserve it but there's been a bunch of ish happening and then school is a dick because there's so much flippin homework but I don't have any homework this 3-day weekend we got so Imma finish another chapter that hopefully won't suck as bad as this one.