Chapter Twenty One

"Ow ow ow ouch, dammit, ease up you asses," Lizz grunted as the two Droids tousled her around, "I'm not struggling you can stop being so rough!" Obviously, the two didn't respond and the two didn't listen. They continuously jostled her around until they rounded the corner of Borg Industries. 

That's when she attacked. Quickly and quietly she knocked out the two, ripping their power sources from their bodies, and for good measures dismantling them completely, "Alright, now that that's done, I can go in on my own terms."

Quietly, she stepped into the middle of the street to get a better look at her surroundings. Buildings had broken doors and charred sides. Windows were cracked and shattered, cars abandoned in the street and there was no other living soul in sight.

"Living," she whispered, turning in a full circle. Through the thick silence, there was noise coming from somewhere near, and it sounded like it was from Borg Industries. She sighed, Screw it, "What better way to get inside than to knock on the front door?"

Quickly and quietly, she took the steps two at a time until she got to the top. Before her fingers touched the door to push it open, someone inside opened it and everything for her went black.

...  

Tie her next to the other one! Pythor was towering over two Droids, and Mindroid, yelling at them. Everything was tilted, and blurry, in Lizz's eyes and she couldn't keep the darkness out for very long 

 ...

Slowly everything faded back into dimness, and all that was to be seen was where the small group had already been. Two Droids had a hold on her arms, Mindroid following up the rear. Lizz's head lolled to the side and she was out once more. 

 ...

"Psstt... Jade! Jade! Jade Vess?!"

"N-no..." she whispered, shaking her head a little, "N-n-no one calls me that," she opened her eyes a fraction, letting them adjust to the dark, "Anymore."

"Anymore?" there was shuffling, a thump, and a curse that were all followed by a groan, "How does Ash walk around with these twenty-four-seven?!"

Ash... "Lar? Is that you?"

Lar pulled himself back to his feet and walked as far as his shackles would allow, "Who else would it be?"

He reached towards her and she flinched back, only then realizing she was tied to a chair, "The hell am I tied to a chair for?"

 "Only one of us could be somewhat free to walk around," he explained in a strained tone, jingling the shackles around his wrists for emphasis,"They wanted you more than me so you're tied up."

She sighed, "Whatever you're about to say just say it already." 

 And suddenly Lar launched into a rushed paragraph that Lizz had issues understanding, "Look, Jade, I am so so stupid for doing what I did you a couple days ago. I had no right to keep that secret from you and I should have told you but I'm stupid and I was scared of what would happen so I didn't tell you and I hope someday you'll forgive me. I wasn't thinking when I said all those things and I hope you know that I didn't mean any of it."

 Lizz's expression was completely blank and emotionless, "One: My name is not Jade. Two, you weren't thinking when you were saying all those things and I don't care if you meant them or not, because you completely destroyed me, Lar. You were the first person to accept and love me for me and you crushed all the trust I so stupidly put in your hands. You're completely right, though: you were stupid and still are. Granted, you did have reason behind what you did but you could have either not made me trust you and fall in love with you, or you could have told me what was happening and kept me in the loop."