Chapter Seven

"Wait, wait," Kai stepped back into the room, coming back from pacing through the halls for five minutes, "Misako, couldn't you just go look at her, to at least see if you have a once in a lifetime opportunity chance to be reunited with your daughter once again?"

She shook her head, backing another step, "I can't. What if she has changed too much? Or doesn't want anything to do with her family? You remember how mad Lloyd was when he found out what I'd done."

"I think I turned out just fine," Lloyd defended quietly, wrapping an arm around his mother, "What's the worst that could happen?"

"She could reject us, Lloyd," she sighed, plopping into the nearest plush chair, "I think I'd rather not know if it was her than know it was her and not have her apart of the family."

"Family doesn't always have to be related," Cole walked into the room, trailed by Jay, "Just look at us: the only ones related are Kai and Nya, and then Sensei Wu, Garmadon, Misako and Lloyd. But yet, we're still all Brothers at heart. Give it a shot, Misako."

"I suppose. There is, after all, only so long I can run from my past," she sighed, standing backup.

Zane strolled into the room, still in his PJs despite it being three in the afternoon,

"Evening," his tone was flatter than normal.

"Zane, why are you still in your pajamas?" Jay asked, scowling in concentration.

"That is not important right now," Zane brushed aside the irrelevant question, "I just ran into Jade in the hall, and retrieved some DNA from her. Running it through my database, she has forty-five point six percent genetic compatibility with Misako, eleven percent with both Sensei Garmadon and Sensei Wu, fourteen point four percent with Lloyd and," he paused, "I do not want to continue."

"You might as well," Lloyd scowled, clearly flustered, "I mean, we're already over one hundred percent."

Zane sighed, "She also has twenty five percent genetic mutation of a Serpentine."

"Serpentine?!" everyone yelled at Zane.

Zane nodded vigorously, "Yes. My scanners do not lie and she has Serpentine diversification to her mental and physical states."

"Physical?" Wu asked, "But she looks perfectly fine!"

"I am not sure which alterations, but I know for sure they are there," he told them, "Now, I am going to go change out of my pajamas, since Jay deems it unusual for me to be such attire at this time," and with that he turned and left the room.

"Well that was completely unexpected," Jay muttered, looking around the room, "What did he mean, 'Twenty-five percent genetic mutation of a Serpentine.'?"

"Well, obviously he meant that Jade is twenty-five percent Serpentine, and that Jade is not who she says she is," Lloyd shrugged, leaning against the wall next to the door, "I s'pose that's that."

"No, that's most certainly not that," Garmadon told them, "We have a Serpentine on The Bounty."

"We don't know for certain she's working with them," Cole defended, "She could be an escapee," it came out more of a question.

"I find it entertaining how no one is questioning the DNA of Misako, Lloyd and our Senseis!" Kai stressed, banding the back of his head on the wall, "Obviously she's not who she says she is, Lloyd!"

"Someone needs a nap," Lloyd muttered, detaching himself from his mother, "But Kai is right. We all need to talk to her."

Just as Lloyd said those words, there was a ear-piercing scream, and Kai recognized it immediately, "Nya!"

Kai led the way to Nya's room, kicking down the door that was held shut by a chair that had been propped against the knob on the inside. Frantic eyes scanning everywhere, Jay's keen eyes spotted Nya, and she was tied up with three different jeweled belts, in the closet, and she had a hair scrunchie stuffed in her mouth.

"Nya!" Jay, Cole and Kai ran forward to untie the poor chick.

Nya jumped up with a feral snarl, "Argh! That- That.. That boob! She asked if she could see some of my favorite outfits, and I turned to go to my closet and was ambushed!"

"Are you okay?" Kai and Jay asked.

Nya nodded, "But why would she do that?"

Cole ran further into the room, fear written all over his expression, "She's Serpentine, that's why. She must be in league with the OverLord and Pythor."

Nya's eyes widened, "And you let her into our hideout? We could have all been killed!"

"No," Lloyd interrupted, "If she wanted us dead we'd be dead already."

"Did you see where she went?" Sensei Garmadon asked, standing in the doorway.

Nya was silent for a while, fidgeting nervously, "She... Um... She jumped out the window."

"She...." Kai started, "Jumped out the window?"

"Ya," Nya stated, "She tied me up, ran across the hall, grabbed one of your Techno Blades, came back, closed and blocked the door and kicked out the window and jumped- She stole one of your Techno Blades by the way!"

"It wasn't one of ours," Cole told her as they walked from the room, "It was hers."

Nya blinked slowly at him, "But Borg only gave you four of them... Not five."

Jay nodded, "Yes. But he gave her one before we showed up."

Nya jolted and almost fell over, "Are you saying that there are five Blades?! And there's a rogue in possession of one? Who is she?"

"Let's just all go to the kitchen and we'll explain what we know," Wu ushered everyone to the dining room table, "And someone go retrieve Zane."

*.*↠*.*↞*.*

"So you're telling me Jade isn't actually Jade and she's Serpentine and related to Lloyd, Sensei and Misako?! You're not making sense, Cole!" everyone had left Cole to do most of the explaining because he was the one who'd spoken the most to her.

"No no," Cole waved his arms, "Jade is Jade but she's part Serpentine and has a Techno-Blade and may or may not be working for the OverLord."

Nya shuddered, "And you let her into our hideout? She has a Techno-Blade, if we want to get rid of the OverLord once and for all we need that back! Let's go get her!"