Chapter 16

~Rileys' P.O.V~

I wake up to the sound of beeping. I slowly turn over to turn off my alarm clock, not wanting to get out of bed.

After a moment of discussing with myself, I agree on going back to sleep.

"Riley," I hear. "You have to get up."

"But I don't want to." I moan.

Lucas sits on the bed by my feet. "You sound like the kids."

"Yeah, well, who wants to get out of bed?"

I hear Lucas laugh. "Okay, you have a point. But you seriously have to get up. It's Thanksgiving."

"Do you want to know what I'm thankful for?"

"What?"

"This bed. Now I'm going back to sleep."

"Riley, come on!" After I don't respond, Lucas starts tickling me.

"Stop!" I plead between giggles. "Lucas, please!"

"I'll stop when you get out of bed!" He says, still tickling me.

"Okay! Okay! I'm getting up!"

Lucas stops tickling me and I get out of bed.

"What time is it anyway?" I ask, not bothering to look at the clock.

"11:00." Lucas responds.

"11:00? I set my alarm for 8:00! I have to get ready-"

"You mom called and asked if it was okay if we changed the time to 3:00 instead of 1:00. I said it was and figured you would want to sleep in for a few more hours. Therefore, I changed your alarm for a few hours later and if you got up before it, then you got up before it."

"Oh, okay. Well thank you."

"Your very welcome."

It's now that I notice Lucas is still in his pajamas. "I guess I'll eat breakfast then."

"Would you like me to make you something?"
"No thanks," I say walking past him to get to the door. "I'm just have cereal this morning."

~~~~~~~

Lucas, Maya, Farkle, the kids and I get off the elevator and start walking towards my parent's apartment door. Abby, Liam, and Sydney all race to ring the doorbell. Liam stops halfway to the door and lets one of the girls be the one to ring the doorbell. Sydney gets to the door first and rings the doorbell.

As soon as the rest of us catch up, the door opens and reveals my mother.

"Hi everyone! Happy Thanksgiving!" Mom announces, kissing the kids and hugging the teens. There's a chorus of 'hellos' and 'happy thanksgiving' shared between us.

Dad and Auggie are revealed as they exit the hallway, Dad joining in on the chorus. Auggie, however, runs straight over to me.

"Riley!" Auggie yells, his voice full of joy. He then gives me a hug.

"Hi Auggie! It's good to see you!" I respond, hugging him back.

"I've missed you so much!" Auggie whispers loud enough for only me to hear.

"I've missed you, too." When Auggie doesn't let go, I say "Why don't you go say hi to everyone else?"

"I don't want to," he says. "I want to spend all the time I have with you."

I then let go of Auggie. "How about this; if you go say hi to everyone else, I'll spend the rest of the day by your side and if it's okay with Mom and Dad, you can sleep over my apartment for the night."