Chapter 38

So last night was a very bad idea. I woke up in a room I've never been in before with just my underwear and bra on. My dress is nowhere to be seen and neither are Kate and Ash. The bed looks only ruffled where I am and not beside me, so I must have slept alone. I get off the comfy bed, holding onto my aching, hungover head. Looking around the room, I spot a glass of water and two pills in the middle of the night stand with a sign that says, "Take me."
I recognize it as some Advil and throw it in my mouth before chugging it down with some water. I got up on wobbling feet and walked out of the only door, hoping to figure out where I am, after I put the dress I wore back on. When I step out I'm met with a hallway with an opening on my left and two doors down on the right.
Hearing some noises coming from the opening, I head in that direction. The noises add to the pounding in my head, giving me enough frustration that I could just scream. I walk to what seems to be the kitchen and see a guy standing there with no shirt and a pair of sweats on. Unless my sense of smell is totally off, he's making eggs and pancakes. With sausage and toast already done.
I must've hit something and caused a noise because while I walked to the stools at the island he turned and said, "Why you look like a ray of sunshine... I really shouldn't have kept on giving you drinks." I scramble through the hazy events of last night and realize he's the guy who was serving us drinks, Tom, I believe.
"Yeah, don't I? Well see what I really want to know is where this ray of sunshine is and how she got here." I take the cup of orange juice he hands me and drink a little.
"Well, for starters I gave your group a little too much drink. I should've stopped it a long time before I actually did. But your friends got a little cozy and you three ended up being the last ones in the bar when we called last round. You were all too drunk to do anything, well at least they were. You were just a little dizzy and tipsy." He scoops the eggs out of the pan, placing them on two plates. He pulls the bacon off and then sets the plates in front of me and to the seat next to me.
"Where's Kate and Ash? And where's here?" He hands me a fork and then takes a bite out of his food.
"Here is my apartment and as for Kate and Ashton, they're at the apartment above the club. I didn't really want to leave you with them cause they were a little frisky. The club is right up the street by the way, but I brought you here and led you here and you started to strip out of your dress as soon as you saw the bed."
A look of pure horror crosses my face and he quickly says, "Don't worry. We didn't do anything. I'd never take advantage of someone. Anyways, I got you in bed and then put the water and Advil on the table. I can back out here and slept on the couch. Now for your two friends, well they stayed at the apartment that Ms. Stalbruk owns."
"Thanks Tom. I honestly can't remember anything after I said, 'Let's get drunk'. I could be somewhere dead in a sewer or in an alley."

"How do you expect to get in?" Tom asks me while I pucker my lips and look around the door. We just got here after we finished breakfast. Tom offered me some of his sweats and a shirt to wear so I wouldn't have to walk around in the dress from last night. After that we walked here and he was right. It was right down the street.
"I have my ways. I know Maia pretty well. She's my housemate. Yeah..." I look at the key pad and think of the possible codes. 092095? I type Michael's birthday in and it's says it wrong. Her and Michael's anniversary? 12/06/13? I type that in and it flashes green.
"How did you..."
"I'm surprised Ashton would remember that. He can barely remember what he ate last week. Let alone care enough to remember that." I mumble to myself. Tom follows me into the living room and I don't hear any noises in the kitchen. That means they'll be in the bedrooms. Tom and I check one and there's no trace of a human being coming in for months. There's another door across that just turns out to be a closet door. I walk towards the last door with Tom on my heels. We open the door and I gasp in surprise.
Ashton and Kate and lying in bed without any clothes on. The blanket draped over them only covers from their mid thighs down, not really leaving anything to imagine. When Tom sees it he yells in surprise. They both launch forward and it takes them a few seconds to take in their state of attire... Or should I say of nudity. They both reach for the blanket and pull it up themselves - Kate to her chest and Ash to his waist.
"Never saw this one coming..." I purse my lips and shake my head. "Really Ash. My best friend sleeps with my other one. Actually I'm really not that surprised. You two are more of a lightweight than I am so it makes sense. I just hoped you two weren't drunk enough to not use a condom." I shake my head and pick up Ashton's boxers and his shirt from off the ground, thinking, "Mikey was totally right."
"Michael was totally right about what?" Ash asks, still embarrassed, but curious at the same time.
"Oh... I said that aloud? Oops." I toss him his boxers and toss Kate the shirt. Kate is flushing red and seems to be getting more embarrassed with each second. "Well our dear friend Mikey said that you had a small weiner. Now, Ashton put on your damn tighty whities under the covers and then go make us some coffee. Or since we've all seen it, just hurry up and change and get out."
"He said what! That's not true. And shouldn't you get out? Leave us to get dressed!" Ashton hisses. I glare at him and point the door. "Get. Out. Of. Here. Now." My voice dropped from nice friendly person to your worse nightmare in seconds.
"Liv-"
"Ashton Fletcher Irwin get your fucking ass out of this room cause you are testing my patience and making Kate uncomfortable. So shut up and get out and we'll be out in a few." I growl. He huffs before stepping out of the blankets and pulling on his boxers. On his way out I say, "I take my coffee the way you take your tea. Oh and Kate takes her the way she takes her guys?"
"And that is?" Ashton asks, probably wondering what I'm trying to get onto.
"Small." I cheeky say. He glares at me and then picks up a few things for him to wear.
"I'm just, yeah." Tom awkwardly says, following after Ashton. He closes the door on his way out and I turn to Kate who is still hiding her face in the blanket.
"Come on Kate I kicked them out and it's not like we haven't gotten ready together before. Just put on this." I walk over to the pile of discarded clothes and pick up her underwear and then walk over to the other side of the room to grab her bra. Kate slowly pulls the covers off of her head and takes the undergarments with her head held down.
"So...uh, you and Ashton. How did that happen?" I ask, taking a seat on where I hope they didn't do the nasty. Kate groans and rubs her face in her hands, not really making her appearance the most pleasurable to see at such early hours.
"I don't even know. Last thing I remember was we were dancing and went to go and get some shots. You were letting go for once. Oh my gosh did I screw up your career by getting you drunk? It can't look good for the press can it?" Kate groans again and face plants on the bed.
"Kate, everything is fine. The only concern is if you two used a condom last night. I don't see any anywhere and for all we know a few weeks from now you'll turn up pregnant. Cause you're not on the pill right?" She shakes her head and starts to weep into the pillows.
"What if I am? What the hell is Ashton going to say? We're not even together! I don't think either one of us are ready to be parents." She starts crying into the pillows and I get up and ignore what happened on this bed within the last 12 hours.
"It's going to be okay. If you're pregnant than we'll all work that out. There's other options besides you raising the child. You could put it up for adoption. Or you can keep it and raise it yourself. I'm sure Ashton would help out."
She wraps her arms around my torso and snuggles into my side, sobbing into my shirt. I've known Kate for years and this is the most I've ever seen her so terrified. She never had the best parental figures, with one being a drug addict and another an abusive drunk, she's terrified of doing it to her own child. She always thought she'd end up just like her parents.
She told me back in high school, maybe ninth or tenth grade, when we were planning out what we were going to do in our future that when she had kids she never wanted to be like her parents. I never knew it at the time, but later I found out about all the beatings and being deprived of food. After that I made her move in with me and made sure that she always had a place to stay throughout her high school years. She insisted on getting a job and moving out, but since I had to start going to meetings and stuff with my father's company I moved to my current estate and paid for half of the apartment she was staying at.
Now it's years later and she still has the apartment and I have my house. She's at my house all the time so she claimed one of the rooms and designed it to her taste. Back at the apartment, I still have my room. I told Kate I'd take all the stuff out, but she threatened to run me over with my own car if I tried to take the stuff. She was being dramatic and claimed that just so there would be something there to remind her of me that I had to leave it. So I still have a bed, clothes, dresser, desk and some books there. I've slowly been trying to take things out so she wouldn't notice, but now that there's a possibility that she could be preggos, she might need that room for a nursery. Or she could even just move in with Maia and I.
"I'm back with the coffee." Ashton shouts. "Liv, I got you your usual. I wasn't sure what Kate wanted so I got her the same thing." I hear the door shut and then Ash and Tom's voice fill the kitchen. I drag Kate out of the room and go to find my coffee. I know Kate won't want to drink the same drink as me so I just get two. I think that was where Ashton screwed up today.
"Well thank you for my drinks. Really bad move, Ashy. Really bad." I grab the two drinks and start slurping half of one cup. Kate comes in after and sits at one of the stools looking for her drink. When she doesn't find one she looks at me and sees two drinks in my hand.
She looks over at Ashton and asks, "What's in your drink?" He starts listing what his drink is and what's in it. When he's almost done listing it all off she snatches it out of his hand when he's going to take a sip. She starts drinking it and the two boys look at us dumbfounded.
"I can tell you two are best friends," Ashton grumbles under his breath. Kate and I laugh and Tom shakes his head. Well this morning has been quite eventful. I find my two best friends in bed with each other, Kate could be preggos, Michael was right about a certain anatomy, and I made a new friend.