Chapter 26

Liv's POV

Should I just pretend like I forgot that Brad wanted to meet me in about fifteen minutes? No wait I can't do that. He'll just come up here looking for trouble. Then he'll learn about everything. I can't risk that. It could cause trouble for not only me, but the boys and Riley. I could ruin everything if I don't go, but I could lose everything too since I don't know what Brad's planning.

"Love? Love?" Luke calls while snapping his fingers in front of my face. I snap out of my thoughts and look up to see Luke with a worried expression. I huff and fall back onto the couch. I stretch out and throw an arm over my eyes. I use my other arm to grab the throw pillow and throw it onto my face and scream.

"Olivia!" Luke raises his voice while pulling the pillow and my hands away from my face. I squeeze my eyes shut and avoid eye contact with him. He groans and lifts me up from the couch, but I still don't open my eyes. If I do open them and look at him, that'll mean I'll have to explain, and by the time I'm done with that, I'll be late and Brad will come up and then all of our lives will be ruined.

"I'm sorry. I'm just stressed out and I have to get ready for the rendezvous and I just really don't want to go, but I have to," I moan and groan while pouting. I open my eyes when Luke sits down with me on his lap, a frown etched on his face.

"I have to get ready..." I say while climbing out of his lap and standing up on my feet. I walk to our room and grab out the hanger with my black sleeveless dress on it. I slide it off the hanger and onto my body, looking over at the mirror to see how it looks. When I think it will be okay and as professional as this stupid issue with Brad is.

Walking over to the rack I grab my knee high black boots and tug them onto my feet. They fit and slip on easily, leaving me only to deal with my accessories. I walk over to the hooks of trench coats and pull off a black one. Wrapping it around my body and dress I grab my clutch off the dresser, slide on a bracelet, and finish it off with a sapphire and diamond necklace I was given when I was 12.

I walk out of the room and down the stairs towards the elevator. I call the elevator when Luke starts walking towards me. I lean against the wall while his steps get closer and closer to me. My breaths start to pick up when I see his heated gaze on my attire. You can't even see anything, yet he's turned on.

"Who are you meeting tonight?" Luke asks while wrapping his arms around me. I lean my head onto his chest and sigh, "Brad. He came and caused trouble and now I have to deal with it since he refuses to talk to any of the management here. I just want him to leave me alone. He said this afternoon that he wanted to talk and if I didn't show up, then he'd come looking for me. He knows about this room and I don't plan on anything happening. He'll just cause rumors about you guys and maybe mess with all of your reputations. I'm just going to see what he wants and after that, I'm out of there."

"Liv we know what he wants. That thing is you. I-"

"If it's just that, then he's not getting it. I don't know what I can tell you to make you believe it."

"I love you..." he whispers while pecking my lips. I frown when he pulls away all too quickly. I smile and lean forward, my hand flying up to his head and tugging it closer.

"And I love you." I pull him down and kiss him passionately. This is what I call love — this is what we call love. I pull back when the elevator doors open and there's a little ding that echos through the hallway.

~

"What do I owe the pleasure?" Brad asks with a mischievous grin. I sit down at the stool next to his and the bartender comes over to me and asks what I would like to drink. Keeping it plain and simple, I and order a virgin lava flow (piña colada with strawberry syrup). I twist and turn towards Brad.