Chapter 10: Back to School

Brandon's POV:
I arrive at school in the bus like normal, except my life isn't normal anymore. The school looks a little different because they had to paint it another coat of paint. And we pass by Elizabeth Hernandez, who is reporting the 'first day' of the new school.

When we get inside, Caleb says, "Remember, find one of the twins and give it to them. Ok?"

"Yeah, I will." I say, looking at the jem. After saying goodbye to them, I go to first period.

-----------------------------------------------------

No luck, don't have her first, second, or third period. How am I going to find this girl?! I pick the jem bag off the side of my backpack, and look at it. I look at the leaf closely and see it's made out of smaller leafs, making the pattern of the leaf. Are all leaves like that?

I walk into the lunch room and sit at the normal table I sit at, the one next to the windows. I take out my lunch (which I always bring) and start eating. I drop the bag in front of me and just stare at it. Suddenly, a girl walks over to my table. She's so beautiful. She has brown eyes, long flowing brown hair, perfect lips, and has the face of a model.

She is wearing a jeans and a t-shirt that has a dog on it. She asks "May I sit with you?" "Y-yes." I studder. She sits down. "Do you see that jewel in front of you?" She asks. "Yeah, surprised you do. What is your name?" "Olivia Kool. What's yours, and why are you surprised?"

"Brandon Bridges. Why? Because only kids of jems can see the jewel in front of us." She stares at me for a moment, then laughs. "What's so funny?" I ask. "You must be joking. Everybody can see it." She laughs. "No, only- you know what, I'll tell you everything I know." I explain everything to Olivia; the more I say, the more she believed me. Which was good.

When I'm done talking, she asks, "So this was for me?" "Well, yes. It's for either you or your brother Giovanni." "Well ... I'll just take it to him." She grabs the jem. "Wait-" too late she fainted on the table. The only thing that was different for her was her jem didn't disappear.

"Well isn't this great." I say sarcastically. "I would hope this isn't great!" Henry says.