Chapter Fifteen - The Last Few Days

Comenzar desde el principio

'Hey, Mingus is still in the fitting room. And ya should calm down.' He rambled. 'What happened to ya? Ya were alright a minute ago...'

He was as confused as I was in the fitting room. But I couldn't just tell him that I had unappropriate dreams and thoughts of him. Not then. Not when I tried to make him believe that he could trust me and we can be that big family he always wanted us to be. And anyway... It wasn't right, at all. He should have been a father type for me or a guardian. Not a man I would screw around with. And even if I had those thoughts, I had to hide it from him.

I took a deep breathe and looked away from him. 'Sorry. I... I... I just got a panic attack, that's it. You know...' Panic attack, huh? Yeah, a kind of...

Norman apparently wanted to touch me again but after my freak out, he pulled his hand back a moment later.

'I absolutely understand it, Reira. It's already more than ya had been through after the past releases. It's okay.' He said then turned back to the shop. 'I go and get Mingus. Ya just wait here.'

Before I could have said anything, he disappeared. But my feelings never did.

So, the boys were in charge of me all the time and that much that I really felt like I was in a prison.

'I'd never thought that without drugs life would be that boring.' I mumbled once when we were all sitting on the couch, watching a new movie I could not have cared less about... I thought Norm and Mingus didn't hear it but...

The next morning (I mean, around 11AM) I woke up to a something strange: there was no noise in the apartment. Dread travelled down on my spine, it was too unusual in the Reedus Resident. I carefully peaked out of my room, but I had to realize that there was really no noise, at all.

'Norman?' I called, but no answer came back. 'Ming?' No answer again.

I walked into the living room, being aware that the boys only wanted to prank me. But really, the flat was empty.

What the heck?!

Then, I saw a paper on the kitchen counter. I hurried there to see Norman's ugly and almost unreadable handwriting.

Good Morning Reira (if it's not afternoon yet)

Mingus and I thought it'd be good for you to have some diversity in your boring life (no, we don't take it as an offense, don't worry...) so we give you some time to be alone. Use it wisely. We trust you. See you tonight.

Love,

Norman and Mingus

Next to the letter, there were the keys of the apartment.

Do they really trust me that much that they let me stay home alone or even go out alone?

The level of my happiness was beyond the top of the roof. But, at the same time, that much of freedom made me freak out as well. I'd never been out alone when I was sober. If I was out, it was because I went to ruin my life. But this time, I had nowhere to go, without breaking all the promises I had made to myself. So I just put the keys back on the top of the counter and I headed back to my room, to sleep a bit more.

Maybe two hours later, I woke up to the sound of the doorbell. Sleepily, I wandered out of my room and taking my time, I went to open it. But in the second I saw who was at the other side of the door, I woke up completely.

'Helena?!' I couldn't have been more surprised when I saw her. I really hoped, she was only looking for Norman or Mingus. 'The boys aren't here. They went out to... I don't know where to.' I acknowledged her and I kept my fingers crossed that her next sentence wouldn't be the one I'd expected.