Chapter Nineteen ⎯⎯ The Resort

Start from the beginning

I had dressed up as a boy because I was undecided whether to dress up as a guy or girl. Kyoya and I settled on me wearing a bikini under my clothes if I had chosen to reveal my true identity.

"I...don't know, Honey... I don't really like to swim you see..." I replied slowly.

Lie. I remember back in the day that me, Mitsukuni, and Takashi would go swimming at the beach every summer at the beach. I loved swimming! Although, I don't know if this is the time to do so...

"Aw... Takashi and I wanted to swim with you! At least come and watch us!" Mitsukuni suggested with puppy dog  eyes.

I then noticed that Takashi was standing behind the floaty wearing boy. He grunted in agreement.

'Hm...maybe this could be one of the few times I'll be able to hang out with Mitsukuni and Takashi...just the three of us...' I thought.

I look back behind them to the blue colored waves. I then glance back up at them and I made my decision.

"Fine." I finally say, moving my feet to the side and getting up from my seat.

"Yay~" Mitsukuni cheered.

I grin at my older brother while I try not to trip over my feet as he grabbed my hand and drag me towards the current pool. I look back and smiled at the sight of Takashi running to catch up with us.

We finally made it to the pool where I found the twins playing catch with a beach ball. Mitsukuni dropped my hand and jumped into the pool. I dodged the water that came at he and laughed when Takashi picked Mitsukuni up onto his shoulders. I sat down at the edge of the pool and dipped my bare feet into the water. I let at a sigh.

"Hey Miso! Let's go check out the water slides!" I suddenly hear Hikaru call over to me.

I turn to see the twins suddenly standing next to me. Hikaru was peeling open a banana and Kaoru was spinning the beach ball they were playing with a moment ago.

"Um...no, I think I'm good! I don't really like swimming... Why don't you ask Haruhi or something." I suggested with a guilty grin.

"Aw~ Okay! Let's go ask Haruhi, Hikaru." Kaoru responded with a disappointed tone.

I watched them leave and walk towards where Haruhi, Tamaki, and Kyoya were. I then realized Mitsukuni was with them too.

'Huh? Where's Takashi?' I thought with a frown.

I got up from where I sat and looked around for my missing cousin. I then found him alone looking up at the sky. I followed his gaze and spotted a tropical bird flying above him.

I walked up silently beside him and watched the bird with him.

"This place is cool isn't it?" I asked him.

He blinked in surprise and nodded his head yes. The green and yellow bird swooped down and traveled it's way towards us. I raised my finger and it landed on it. I laughed and stroked my other finger on its head. It let out a small chirp before it flapped its wings and flew away. I smiled and waved good bye to it as if it was going to wave back.

I then took notice to Takashi staring at me with a blank face. I dropped my hand to my side and looked back at him with a confused expression.