{Extra} You're in my Heart

Start from the beginning

Stein’s insane-like laughed was cut by her shutting the door to the lab. Eevee’s eyes instantly meet Kid’s sharp gold eyes who, apparently, had heard the strange conversation between teacher and student; or, mad man and lab rat. He had been standing in front of the door either waiting for her to come out, or waiting to hear everything there had to be said before drawing to a conclusion.

“You two seem to be getting along . . .” he frowned, “too well.”

“Eevee narrowed her eyes at him questionably, “Aren’t you supposed to be the mature one of the group? Don’t go imagining things that aren’t the case.” She passed him, walking towards the city where he had been planning to take her. “You know I belong, sorta, to him. Even if it’s only for thorough experimentation and understanding of my other blood type.”

“Why the hell are there stitch-like markings around your neck?” Kid had jogged in front of Eevee and stopped her by passing his hands on each of her shoulders. “Is that permanent marker?”

“Ah,” Eevee pulled at her shirt’s collar to reveal more skin, “The idiot confused the markers and got a permanent one. The smell is horrible and it spread all around the room. Personally, I think that man gets high of the stuff.”

Eevee unbuttoned the first three buttons of her shirt, pulled it further open and stretched her neck back to let Kid take a better look. His fingers pocked at her marked flesh softly, trembling as they ran down her neck slowly. She blinked several times and lowered her eyes after Kid’s finger stopped at the edge of her shirt, on the loose buttons. His face, which she didn’t know how to take, was a deep red.

Kid was too busy taking her shirt in his hands to notice the small smirk on her lips, “what, you’re going to undo another button?”

His eyes snapped up at hers, glaring while turning a deep scarlet. “No! I’m buttoning your shirt—don’t unbutton it again! . . . If you have to, make it four. That’s half of your eight buttons . . .”

Eevee laughed lightly, covering her mouth with her hand. “You don’t change at all.”

“You haven’t changed a bit either.” Kid took hold of the hand she had holding up to cover her mouth and brought it down. “Maybe a bit, but that was the best bit.”

Eevee blushed, she knew exactly what he meant; she still was uncomfortable about being touched by others, but not him. She felt better with him around, holding her hand, and sometimes getting into small wrestling matches because he didn’t like her clothing. It kept her mind occupied and away from the crystalized room.

“You might be the only one keeping me sane.” Eevee mentioned out of the blue as they neared the city streets. “Which is something as you’re absolutely insane, in way.”

“Perfection is not insanity!”

“It’s in sanity?”

“Yes—I mean no!” Kid ran a hand over his face, “Stop that!”

As they near the court, Eevee’s mind blurred and the bright day flashed cloudy. What she was seeing, what she was remembering at that moment was of past days when she was younger. Once Curran had brought her there to teach her how to play basketball, but things didn’t go as he had planned.

She saw a fading image of him and his messy dark hair with mismatched eyes and a grin on his face. On his cheek was a purplish-green mark that she had caused him by disobeying Madam Sabrina.

“Eevee?” Kid’s voice brought her back to the bright skies of Death City. Everything was peaceful and quiet and perfect. “Maybe we should go to another place.”