Slowly Falling Apart

Lauren's POV

J- Josh
L- Lauren

L- Hey can we talk?
J- Yeah of course. What wrong Laur?
L- Uhm I would just rather talk about it in person is that okay?
J- Yeah I was out anyways I can come by your house if that's okay?
L- Yeah it's just me and Amy at home right now so that works.
J- alright I'm on my way babe I'll be there in a few.

About 20 minutes later I saw through the window that Josh pulled up in my driveway. I felt nervous but not in a good way. Not how I normally feel when I see him. I have so many doubts running through my mind that I'm making the wrong decision. I don't know if this is what I should be doing. Seconds later I here a knock at the front door. I walked slowly to answer it, unsure if I was ready to go through with this.
I got to the door and opened it. I saw Josh standing with a beautiful bouquet flowers in his hand. I looked down and smiled weakly already feeling like I'm making the wrong decision. He didn't deserve this. But I knew that I had only worked up this nerve recently and if I didn't follow through with it now then I never would.

Lauren- "You brought me flowers.." I sadly smiled at him. "What for?"

Josh- "You seemed upset when we talked earlier so I thought they might cheer you up. I don't really know if flowers do that but I heard they do so I thought I'd give it a shot." He smiled at me with those beautiful dimples and electric blue eyes. This could be the biggest mistake I'll ever make.

Lauren-"They're beautiful Josh. Uhm do you want to talk in the front? Amy's in the house and I kind of wanted to talk alone."
Josh- "Yeah of course."

We started walking in the front yard by the half circle driveway until we reached the grass. His car was close by. I still had the flowers in my hand.
Why am I doing this? He's perfect in every way but one. And I'm letting that one small reason get in the way of everything. I can't help it. It's taking over my mind.

Lauren- "Josh we need to talk." I said it quiet because I felt terrible for what I was about to do.

Josh- "Oh this doesn't sound good. What are you breaking up with me?" He said and giggled slightly. I looked down and when he noticed I wasn't laughing he looked at me in confusion. "Wait Lauren you're not are you?"

Lauren- "Josh I don't know if I can..."
He cut me off mid sentence.

Josh- " Lauren you can't be serious right? I'm so in love with you.. Please tell me this isn't really happening."

Lauren- "The problem is I don't think you are. You might love me but you're not in love with me. You've built your walls so high that you won't let me be close to you..." I paused for a second to try to stop myself from crying.
"I'm completely in love with you... But I can't be with someone who won't let me in when all I want is to know as much about you as you know about me." I looked down at my feet taking only one step forward before Josh reached for my hand.

Josh- "Laur please wait just talk to me."

Lauren- "I'm sorry Josh. I love you but I can't do this anymore." I walked away with my head down, wiping my cheeks from the tears that are flooding down from my eyes. I set the flowers he brought on the hood of his car on my way in the house.
Once I finally reached the house I let everything out. Tears flooded my eyes and I couldn't stop it. I looked out the window before heading upstairs to see Josh holding the flowers he bought in one hand while running his other hand through his hair. He looked shocked and he wiped one cheek from what I'm assuming was a tear before he got in his truck.
What did I just do? Why did I just hurt someone I love so much like that? Why did I leave when now I'm hurting 10x more now than I ever was before. Maybe I should have listened to Christina and given him a chance. He has always made me happy. As a friend and a boyfriend he never let me down , and now I just lost both. Because I let
him down.

What do you guys think? Do you want them to be together? Id love to know what you guys think of them as friends or as a couple.