Chapter 18

September 6th, 2016 10:00 am

Three beeps sounded, this was the announcement that would either help or destroy my future.

" Good morning America, today I have two special announcement's. The first one is everyone will have a limited food supply until Maya Stewart is captured, you will have one meal a day for seven days a week, and it will be brought to your house also curfews are at six pm, if anyone is caught after six' o clock, they will be shot on sight, no questions asked. My second special announcement is a new rule, the rule is: every street, will have one officer that will be there 24/7, of course the officer will trade shifts with another officer. Now on with the rules..."

I glanced around at the youtubers, who looks surprised, as much as I am.

" They cant do that." whispered krism.

" They're putting prices on us." Bob says and holds up his own flyer ' 2,500' dollars. I look at the flyer until dlive held up his own ' 2, 600' dollars.

" They're putting food and money on Maya." Wade says and I look around before it came clear to me.

" Where did we get all that food?" I ask, pointing towards the pile.

" We got it from stores, the people who haven't showed their face yet goes to the store and gets it" Russ says

" But the announcements say food would be brought to your house.." Marzia says.

" And as you can see this isn't a house." adds Cheyenne

"Thanks captain obvious." I say with a roll of my eyes and look around the bunker. " Hey, chey?" I ask.

" What?" she snaps and glares at me.

" Didn't you say, when I first got here, that this is a bunker used for bombings?"

"Yes." she says and narrows her brown eyes.

" If it's used for bombings... shouldn't food be in here, just in case?" I say and it became clear for every one just then.

" Your a genius!" Minx yells and looks around for a door. I sigh as everyone searches for the stachse of food, I walk to the room filled with bunk beds and searched in there. I looked under several beds until i found a secret latch. I stood up and scooted the bed out the way and then I crouched down, opening the latch, darkness. I stood up and yelled for Mark.

" What is it?" he asked, out of breath and saw me pointing at the cellar door. " I'll go get a torch." He says and comes back with one, lighting it, then going down the ladder.

" What is it?" I ask and watched him come back with a can of soup.

" Jackpot." He said as I yelled for the others to come here, once they did Mark told us how long the food should last us.

" Maybe about a year or two." He says and I grin, if things go smoothly... we should last about a year down here.

" What year is it?" Mark joke's in a old man's voice as he climbed out of the cellar. Once he stood up, he pretend to have a beard and crouch over pretending to have a cane.

"2016" Krism says before counting the years we should last. " we could be down here until 2018" she frowns.

" But what if we're here after 2018?" She asks, nobody answers the question, well until I do.

"If I'm not caught by then, one of you, who hasn't showed their face, can turn me in for food." I say and shrug, because I really doubt I'll be alive after today.

"That's stupid." Russ says " Your sacrificing your future self for food, if you want to sacrifice yourself, we could become cannibals." he shrugs as cry bursts out laughing, I smile.

January 5th, 2018 11:20 am

This was just the calm before the storm, things... were definitely going to change our plan, I only wish we were smarter at the time.