chapter 4

Yes it was him.....I checked the dining room....no one was there...I checked the guest room....no one was there...and I checked the garage.....his bike was not there....no more explanation was needed....just then my mom came and asked "did you see him"....I just acted as if I don't understand what she is saying....she told me zaman left few minutes ago so she thought I might have seen him...but I didn't.....if I came home little bit earlier I could have met him....I was so depressed....I missed a chance to see his eyes....

To say I was sad was not right...It was beyond it.....I lost all my hope....I really wanted to meet him.....I can't blame anyone....its my fault....

My friends noticed my depressed mood....like every naughty friends they also started to irritate me just to spill the beans....and I did....when they came to know about my one side love story they asked me to contact him and to start a good friendship with him....

But I was so confused....how can I contact him...sissy n dad have his details but how will approach them.....I even searched Facebook but couldn't find him....so I left everything to allah.....

One day while I was going through the CD's which consists of our childhood photos and videos which we sent to dad I got a unfamiliar CD......when I checked it I couldn't believe my eyes...I even pinched myself to make me believe what was infront of me was real.....it was something zaman made...it consist of our trips photos and videos and pics of his house......when the video ended there was something for me....it was written "EDITED BY ZAMAN PHONE:XXXXXXXXXX"

I was so happy...I noted down his number Idk why but I felt like there is something my friends could do with it......

That time at school we were having a free hour to practice for our school fest....since my gang was not participating that was our time for chit chatting.....so when I told them about my small discovery they asked me to call him....but Idk something held me back.....

October 28....my birthday.....and an important day of my life....because from that day onwards I started to call him....

But not from my number....I called him from a coin box phone near my school....I was so nervous I called him just to confirm that it was his number.....when I heard hello from the other side everything seemed blank..... I didn't need no more confirmation that it was his number....even if I heard him after a long time I recognised his voice......and I knew those magical eyes was on the other side.....and my heart was beating crazily....

I didn't had the courage to talk....I hang up the call after hearing his voice.....when my friends heard about it they were near to kill me.... I told them that I don't have the courage to talk to him and what should I say " hey zaman its me zara I kind of like you or I love you" I cant do that....I don't even know if he have any girlfriend and I don't want to reveal my identity.....when they heard about my worries they became calm......

On our next free hour they made a plan...."mission knowing zaman"....without revealing my identity.....fida and diya was more excited about it....ziya was kind of "don't worry I will support you" mind.....amd I was confused I wanted to know but am I on right path????

Finally the plan was ready...and my friends filled me with courage and confidence because he will never know that I was behind it.....

I called him from the same coin box......
Me: hello....

Z:hello....

Me: is this zaman???

Z: yes...may I know who this is???

Me: couldn't you recognise me....? Atleast make a guess....

Z: sorry to say...but I don't have any idea....

Me: hey its me fathima..... (I chose that name because its one of the commonest name....everyone will be having atleast one friend named fathima)

Z:sorry I didn't get you

That was more than enough for me to get nervous....I don't know what should I say after that....I just hang the phone....or else my heart would jumb out of my ribcage......

That day I slept with a smile on my face and a lot of dreams on my mind.......one step closer to him......