Chapter 33: Armistice

Start from the beginning

After that my friends came over and we took a few photos telling each other we'll see each other in a few hours at the Cullens' house for the party. I had completely forgotten about that, I was not in the mood for a party.

Before Ryan left with the others he gave me a quick peck on the lips which left me with a disapproving stare from my father. He felt that I should have heard Jake out instead of Jesse and I attacking him and banishing him from my life. My dad didn't understand that I didn't want to be around Jake any more, he just kept saying life would bring us back together but there was no way that was happening, he was just being a crazy old man.

Despite my lack of excitement for the party, Tori still sent me out anyway. I arrived back at the Cullens' and allowed Alice and Rose to work their magic on me to make me look presentable.

I was temporarily blinded as I walked through their front door, flashing strobe lights of blue, red and pink lit the way up the stairs and into the lounge/kitchen area. Downstairs and the the top floor were going to be completely off limits, we definitely couldn't have my friends figure out that I had a bedroom here as well.

"Darling you look gorgeous!" Esme hugged me as I walked down the stairs.

"Thank you. It was all Alice and Rose really." I snuck a look at my reflection and I did look beautiful. My hair was in big curls down my back and the khaki coloured dress clung to my body accentuating my curves, stopping mid thigh.

Bella and Edward arrived next, Bella not even dressed for a party wearing the same clothes she had worn to graduation, but she never really dressed up anyway

Bella and Edward arrived next, Bella not even dressed for a party wearing the same clothes she had worn to graduation, but she never really dressed up anyway. I liked dressing up therefore making me a sort of life-like Barbie doll for Rose and Alice.

"Edward!" Alice called from beside a massive speaker in the lounge, her sudden loud voice making Bella and I jump. "I need your advice." She gestured towards a giant stack of CDs that were nearly as tall as her. "Should we give them familiar and comforting? Or, educate their taste in music?"

"Keep it comforting." Edward recommended. "You can only lead the horse to water." I rolled my eyes at his old timer comment and continued down the rest of the stairs to greet them both with a hug. After Alice put the first CD in So Sick by Ne-Yo began to play and I glared at her.

"Really, Alice?" I grimaced, gesturing towards the stereo.

"What?" She shrugged innocently. "It's a party Aria."

I huffed folding my arms across my chest. "Just pay no attention to her." Esme said rubbing my back. The doorbell rang then and Esme dropped her arm. "We'll get out your way." She gave me one last smile before disappearing up the stairs as Alice floated down them to answer the door.