The Princess Wannabe: Assumptions of the Innocent

Chapter Thirteen

~Assumptions of the Innocent~

I let the lovely taste if cornflakes fill around my mouth, enchanting my taste bugs and filling me with a happiness no one could replace. I still was hurt of course but I had come to my senses and realized that Derrick was like any other prince, snobby and self-cantered.

Sighing, I dipped my spoon into my bowel, letting the cereal flow onto the spoon before plopping it in my mouth and munching dramatically. I heard a happy laugh behind me and I swallowed. Hay-Lo...

My heart raced and blood rushed through my veins, Sue had made my breakfast this morning and we had made fun of Lizzy’s terrible cooking skills, because of that I wasn’t too concerned that we would run into him, until now.

“Evaina?” he asked softly and I turned to him my eyes fuming, his eyes guilty.

I didn’t respond to him, I just kept staring. I stared and stared, until eventually he got the point. He walked away clearly not happy and my good mood had vanished as quickly as it had come. “Lady Evaina Esmeralda?” I turned suddenly at the unfamiliar and formal call of my name.

“Yes?” I asked narrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

“Lady Evaina Esmeralda you are being arrested for abusing of her royal highness princess Lyla.” The guard announced and my mouth dropped.

“What?” I asked astonished. The guard didn’t say another word as he ordered the other guards to grab hold of me, I didn’t fight back, nor did I ask any questions, but I am going to try and hack into their minds.

I closed my eyes in concentration.

Princess Lyla was in tears when I entered the royal thrown room, and the king had an ashamed look on his face.

“Your highness, you wished to see me?” I asked and Nathaniel’s eyes snapped to where I was standing.

“Yes I did, Marcus.” The king greeted me kindly, “I need you to go arrest Lady Evaina.”

The king looked sad and disappointed like he would do anything to make sure she wasn’t arrested. “If you don’t mind me asking, you’re royal highness? Why?”

“Princess Lyla-

I lost the connection and my eyes snapped open, “Lady Evaina?” and agitated voice called. My eyes shot to who had called my name, a judge. It was just then that I realized where I was. I was in the trial room, and I blinked rapidly wondering if this was a dream or not.

“Yes?” I answered softly.

“Did you, or did you not slap her Royal Highness Princess Lyla?” my eyes widened in disbelief, he had to be joking.

“I have done no such thing!” I yelled in outrage. How dare they?

“Please lower your voice, Miss Esmeralda.” The judge commanded, not in a very powerful voice though, for he knew that I was in a much higher rank then him. “Princess Lyla? Please tell us of what she did?”

Just then my eyes caught a pair of eyes I didn’t want to see, Derrick’s. His eyes looked both ashamed and disgusted, our gazes met and I gave him a fuming glaze and he was quick to look away. “Yesterday at exactly nine o’clock I was playing out in the garden when I heard my named being called.” Princess Lyla’s snobby voice began, “I turned around to see Lady Evaina who looked at me fuming. She told me of what a horrible child I was and slapped me straight across the face.

“Or not.” I scoffed, and I saw Derrick leave shaking his head. I didn’t really care though; well at least that’s what I tried to tell myself.