Chapter 18_2: Of monsters and Nanya's panties

We arrived at our destination after about 10 minutes of flying in a straight line. Looking back, we were quite far from the Academy and outside of the area I usually scouted and kept safe for the students. We were literally in the middle of the wilds, more than 10 km away. Since it was like that, leaving Shanteya behind to guard my crystal body was the right decision to take, although, I never saw the reason of all the extra protection. I highly doubted anyone would dare to attack the academy while we were away.

"About here should be fine." said Nanya as she pointed at a random spot in the middle of the forest.

I approached the ground and released my [Telekinezy] spell on them. My magic energy didn't drop at all, the cost of the spell's constant use was below the rate of my Magic Energy regeneration. For one minute, the spell consumed 15 points because I was carrying multiple objects, and my regeneration was at 30 points per second right now.

"Illsyore, can you detect any monsters?" asked Rufus as he looked back at me.

"Erm, let me see... There are about 14 all around us, one of which seems to be stronger than the rest." I said.

At first, I thought this perception of mine was resumed only at what I felt around my real body, but I came to understand that it was, in fact, focused around the location of where my mind was. This meant that I had to be really careful when going off for long hikes because I would be unable to detect any danger around my real body. Lately, I've been thinking about hiding it somewhere, but when I thought about it, keeping it there was also seen as a form of trust towards both the students and the teachers. It was something like how a pet showed his belly to those he trusted or didn't see as enemies willing to harm him. It's just that I wasn't a pet, I was a Godlike Dungeon Lord who didn't want to end up dead or alone because I behaved like a villain with my only friends in this world.

"We should go towards the nearest one and pick them up one after another. I'll send one of my summoned monkeys to spy on the big one. If it's worthy of a hunt, I'll let you know." he said and then began to chant a long summoning spell. It was a bit different from the one he used back at the drinking party.

"UKI!" shouted the little fellow.

The monkey was barely half a meter tall, with a red Mohawk and color changing fur. It left as soon as it received its orders from its master.

"I thought you were a warrior?" I asked.

"Can't a warrior like monkeys and use spells?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Of course they can..." I said and looked away.

His expression was killing me.

I need to remember to go and see Tuberculus after this! I want to see how the mage looks like with pink hair, beard, and eyebrows! I thought with a snicker.

"Illsy! Over here! I spotted our first target!" called out Nanya from afar.

When did she get over there? I asked myself and flew over.

"That one?" I asked after I approached her.

It was a wolf the size of a cow, with a white and blue colored mane. A spiraled horn adorned the wolf's forehead, but it seemed to be alone.

"That's a Dayuk, a horned wolf." said Nanya.

"Alright... Erm, how should I kill it? Should I summon 20 Ice Spears or use a Fireball the same size I used on the assassins?" I asked.

Nanya looked back at me and raised an eyebrow.

"Do you want to vaporize him or what?" she asked.