Run away

"Bullies make you feel like a nothing. Riley has a bully." Farkle tells me. My eyes widen. "What but-.. I'm going to help my girl." I say as I quickly leave, going back to Riley's, going in through the window. She's already sitting there, as if she was waiting for me to come. She looks fine. She looks like she's okay but she can't be, not after what happened earlier. Not after she called me a.. Bully. "Why didn't you tell me?" I ask after I go into her room, sitting next to her at the window. She just looks over at me, pain in her eyes. "I just.. Couldn't, Maya. You have so many of your own problems, I didn't want to bother you with mine." I just listen to the words coming out of her mouth. With every syllable, it breaks my heart that she feels that way. I put my hand on her cheek, pulling her to look at me, looking into her eyes. "But my darling," I start, "nothing is ever too much for me when it comes to you. I don't want you to feel that way.." I look down slightly. "It's a horrible feeling.." I say quietly. But she hears me. She still hears me, I know she does. She hugs me tightly, staying there for a while. "But my darling," she starts, "I don't want you to feel like that either." She whispers in my ear. She pulls away, we just stare at eachother like we're strangers trying to figure out where we've seen eachother before, but more lovingly. We stare into eachothers eyes for whay seems like an eternity. "Darling," I start, leaning closer to her slightly, "I'm a mess without you." She leans closer to me, our faces just inches apart. I can smell her breath. Strawberries. I soon find my eyes flickering down to her lips. When I look back up at her, her cheeks are a light shade of pink. Adorable, I think, you're so adorable, my darling. I'm about to close the gap between us, when she quickly pulls away, her face now red from blush. "I'm-I'm sorry.." She says quietly as she quickly leaves her room. I look down sadly, sighing deeply, feeling a weight on my shoulders. Even more than I had felt before. She obviously didn't want to kiss me.. Why would I think any different? She probably likes Charlie now or some crap like that. Why would she ever like me? I don't even like myself.