Chapter 9: Words can Hurt.

We dump our lunch trays in the garbage, and start walking down the hallway. Juliet looks at me for a minute, and then says, "So Uhm, please don't get offended, but , how can I say this, what religion are you?" She probably thinks I'm one of those racist people. "I'm not offended, Juliet. I guess technically I'm a Christian bu-" she screams, "AHHH! Me too!" If you can't tell, she's a very optimistic person. Like you can't. A teacher walks by us and smiles. "How in the world did you just not get In trouble for screaming?" I ask her in shock. She smiles her adorable little smile, "I really don't know! People just love me for being myself! I guess being nice and sweet and polite gets you places. Hey, do you want to come over today?" We finally reach my civics class. " that sounds so fun girl! Of course! Well this is my class! I'll find you after school or something." She nods, "Bye Jadeeyyy!" She blows a little kiss and her heels click down the hall. I rush into civics, and barely get to my seat, when the bell rings. Unfortunately, this is the class where I sit next to my ex, Cody. Lets talk akkkwarddd. I turn to grab some stuff out of my bag, and I notice him staring at me. Oh this is just too good. "Whatcha staring at loser? You wish you were with me? " he smirks. "I was just admiring your ugliness." There goes a blow to my chest. Stay strong. Stay strong. Stay Strong, I tell myself. "You must be looking in a mirror then." I smirk at him this time. I hear "Burnnnn" and all that stupid crap from behind me. I'm just trying to get through the day, without any more meltdowns.

Finally, school ends, and I somehow find Juliet. I texted my mom earlier between periods and she said I could go with Juliet. I think my mom kinda knows what's going on, so she's been pretty willing to let me do stuff. She feels bad. Juliet practically drags me in excitement over to red convertible. A middle aged name, with short brown hair, is driving. "Dad, this is Jade! Can she come over? Jade, this is my dad!" Juliet introduces us. He smiles, "of course! Hi jade, feel free to call me Jim. Hop in girls!" The more I look at him, the more he looks familiar. Juliet sits shotgun, and immediately changes the song to One Direction. I smile. The wind whips through my hair, instead of looking cool, I looked stupid, my hair stuck in my lipgloss. So much for that hipster moment.

Jim pulls into a driveway of a cute, and big, beach house. Juliet and I hop out. Her dad says, "okay girls, I'm going to go grocery shopping and then on a date with Kay. Have a nice afternoon girls! Nice meeting you jade!" I smile and wave, and then follow Juliet inside. She unlocks the front door, and opens it into an adorable beach themed living room. The walls are white and the aqua blue couch makes the room pop. Everything is decorated so elegantly, while still casual and beachy. Juliet says, "C'mon, I'll show you my room." She walks down a hallway, and stops at a door with a picture of a girl in a bikini surfing. It looks like her. She surfs? Juliet laughs. "Yes, I do. Did I tell you that?" "No you didn't. Did I say that out loud?" She nods and a smile peeks through her lips. "I do that alot." A smile cracks on her face, She opens the door into a yellow oasis. Her bedroom is yellow, with a white and purple bedspread. It's beautiful. Little Mix pictures are all over her bulletin board. I walk over to her vanity, and I look at a cute picture of her and a woman. I turn to her, "Is this your mom? She's beautiful!" She looks down for a moment, and I swear a tear rolls down her check. Crap, what did I do? "Oh, I'm sorry Juliet. Did I say something?" She smiles weakly and sits down on her bed. "No", she sniffles, "It's just that....."

__________________

CLIFFHANGER

can you guess? If you do, I'll dedicate a chapter to ya :)

Maybe I'll update again today! For now, I'm going to try to write a chapter of Things Change!

I'm so sorry for leaving you all hanging!

leave me a sweet comment, and a suggestion about the plot line!

xo Claire <3