The Skin Stealer

My day started off with me doing my usual daily routine, I got out of bed, hopped in the shower, had breakfast and left for work. It's the same old thing everyday so it didn't really draw any red flags in my day. Until I got into the car, there was this thing, this being that I didn't get a good look at. But I saw it peeking out from behind a bush at the side of my house, I didn't really pay any mind to it, I was already in a rush as it was. So I shook it off and drove away.

Later that day I was sat at a red light, annoyed I tapped on my wheel, hoping the light to change color. I checked my phone now and then to see if my boss had called or texted me, of course he hadn't. When I looked up, toward the left side of the road, there it was again, this time it allowed me to get a 4 second look at it, before it moved away from my vision. I was stunned, it was the same thing that has been hiding from me earlier today but at my house, maybe i was just stressed about being late for work, or I had an overdose of caffeine, because that thing that I saw, it had big black eyes, there was no white all black, it's nose was only to curved holes at the end of a ridge on its face. It's skin was a light pink and it was saggy, almost as if it were an elder, it wore nothing but a white looking diaper, with red stains all over it. It was really lanky and I honestly couldn't have been more scared in my life. As soon as the lights turned green I floored it.

For some reason I knew I hadn't seen that last of that thing, and I was right. I saw him when I went to the bathroom, I was facing the mirror washing my hands, I saw its legs from the opening of a stall two down from the one I was in, it was shaking and it sounded like something was being cut or torn inside the stall. It echoed ringing In my ears, making my stomach turn, it let went on all fours and crawled out of the stall, blood trailed were his hands touched. It looked up at me and I saw what it had done. His face was pure skin, it had cut out a mouth with its nails, I didn't notice when I saw him the second time that it had no mouth. It didn't have teeth, and it's mouth looked as if it had been sewn shut, then forcibly opened. With hesitation I ran out of the bathroom, regards to my hours I had left, I went home.

I sat in my living room with my baseball bat, waiting for it to show its self so I can start swinging, bashing in what little skull it had. What was this thing and what did it want? I must have been acting crazy because when I looked in the mirror, I feared what I looked like. My skin was sunken in, my pupils had been dilated to the point where I had no iris. My teeth began to fall out and clatter in the bathroom sink. I looked up and saw that thing, though this time it was standing right behind me. Although this time it had a face, features one could make out upon looking at, it had my face, my hair my teeth my eyes. I feel to the floor, legs weak as if I was just walking on bone. By now my skin had turned inside out. I could see my veins and muscles, it was horrible. Then I blacked out.

I awoke in the garden of a graveyard. Naked and cold. It was night time and the moon was full. There was Glass greenhouse across the way, I ran over and looked into it. What i saw... Was the thing that had stole my skin.